Chrysler rhb radio anti theft code help

Themorphious

Need some help. A friend of mine upgraded to a clarion head unit and he graciously gave me his rhb model radio. When I plug it in, it asks for an anti theft code.

Radio serial # is t00am2015t0900

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wvjeepguy

I believe the only place you can get the code is from a dealer. The radio records the VIN when it's initially installed. If you change vehicles it reads a new VIN and prompts the code. As far as I know there is no third party list of these codes.

Evil

Need some help. A friend of mine upgraded to a clarion head unit and he graciously gave me his rhb model radio. When I plug it in, it asks for an anti theft code.

Radio serial # is t00am2015t0900

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have your friend call the dealer. They will give him the code.

Themorphious

So I got the run around....to be expected here in Russellville ky. I told the service manager lady how the process worked and told her I just needed the 4 digit pin, had the serial number, the vin of the previous vehicle, my vin, and if she needed it, the serial of my old radio, which from my reading says I don't need the last 2 items. Anyway, she said they would hook the jeep up to their diagnostics computer, that the 4 digit pin wouldn't work. I showed her the instructions online that talk about how to do it via dealer connect. She said "that's wrong and we don't give out PIN numbers"....I said the jeep is outside if you wanna type it in. She said we can't do that and it won't work anyways.....so anyway, long story short, she wants me to come in, get hooked up to the computer at 75$ an hour or more, and click around on it, then probably do what was mentioned before and be done in like 2 minutes....but charge me 75$ for her sloooow learning curve. Anyone have any better options?

WJCO

Meme King
So I got the run around....to be expected here in Russellville ky. I told the service manager lady how the process worked and told her I just needed the 4 digit pin, had the serial number, the vin of the previous vehicle, my vin, and if she needed it, the serial of my old radio, which from my reading says I don't need the last 2 items. Anyway, she said they would hook the jeep up to their diagnostics computer, that the 4 digit pin wouldn't work. I showed her the instructions online that talk about how to do it via dealer connect. She said "that's wrong and we don't give out PIN numbers"....I said the jeep is outside if you wanna type it in. She said we can't do that and it won't work anyways.....so anyway, long story short, she wants me to come in, get hooked up to the computer at 75$ an hour or more, and click around on it, then probably do what was mentioned before and be done in like 2 minutes....but charge me 75$ for her sloooow learning curve. Anyone have any better options?

Parts department may be more helpful. I had a very similar situation on a Honda once. I had better luck with parts vs service. Service writers pay is 100% commission while parts guys are typically hourly.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
They typically won't give them out over the phone. Kind of defeats the purpose. If I stole your radio, plugged it to my jeep, just called the dealer and they gave me a code over the phone what's the pt.

That said the process is very easy. They go into dealer connect, service tab and towards the bottom there is the link for radio unlock code. Many dealers in my area require proof you got the radio legitimately, but that's the D for you. Auto theft is kinda bad here, hell many dealers lose dozens of radios or more per month to thieves. You should ask to have the service manager show u what he is doing to get the code and then go enter it. It takes 10 min tops if they are slow.

Evil

I pulled the stock radio out of my Rubicon, walked into the parts department, said I need the code because I'm giving this radio to my cousin, here is my vin, Jeeps outside with all the hounds eyeball fucking it. Walked out with my 4 digit pin in 3 minutes. I didn't buy my Jeep from this dealer or the 430N RHB I replaced the stock unit with.

I wouldn't even waste my time trying to call around unless you have a hook up or someone that you know behind the counter.

Last edited:

Themorphious

Well, I'm supposed to go back at 2 to see what they can do....being persistent may pay off....but if they try and charge me a diagnostic fee due to their ignorance after me explaining their job, it may get "exciting".

Themorphious

Well, it's alive. They unlocked it "for me" and I wasn't allowed to know the code to my radio....and had to pay $44.......so it works but I still don't know the code.....I asked if I had to unlock it again, would I have to pay $44 again, she said no.....I asked about if I sell the radio, how would that work. She claimed that the buyer would have to again pay $44. Shady crap right there.

christov11

Well, it's alive. They unlocked it "for me" and I wasn't allowed to know the code to my radio....and had to pay $44.......so it works but I still don't know the code.....I asked if I had to unlock it again, would I have to pay $44 again, she said no.....I asked about if I sell the radio, how would that work. She claimed that the buyer would have to again pay $44. Shady crap right there.

HA! slimy....

Themorphious

Yeah, I get you should have to pay something. I'd be glad with 40$ if I got the code.....I asked her what the problem would be to give me the code and she said that's the Chrysler policy.....I asked her what I could do with the code...as all radios don't use the same code....anyway, got it working, all is well, but again, avoid the dealer at all costs! Crazy self dreamed up policies!

Top Bottom