Currie JJ trouble

rogerk93

My control arms has been squeaking bad no matter how much grease I apply to them. So I contacted Currie and explained to them my situation and first they asked the kind of grease I have been using. So confidently I told them I use Mobil 1 synthetic automotive grease and I was so wrong to be using that kind of grease. The guy I spoke to told me I had to use moly based grease for Johnny joints and that should solve the problem. So I went ahead and ordered theirs and hoped it would help. I received it yesterday and noticed that it is a thinner based grease then what I was using before and it felt easier to rub between my fingers.(just wanted to get an idea of texture lol) I went out today and applied it to all my control arms and drove around to work the grease in a little and so far it made a noticeable difference already i sill have to work out the old grease as I just added some a few weeks ago but just wanted to give a heads up to anyone running the Currie arms or plan on running them. Our trip to rausch will give me a solid answer to how much it helped as small rapid bumps are the worse.

tgoss

Very helpful, thanks for the heads up. I just used Mobil 1 on my friends pro comp joints and it made an amazing difference on all of her arms. Nice to know about the JJ for my personal future reference.

Rubiburst

Interesting...I've been using Mobil 1 Synthetic with my JJ's in my 09' since day one without issue. In fact, I've just rebuilt all the joints in all (8) arms this past spring. Please post how your latest RC trip turns out. Curious to see how you make out. I might need to switch out.

Thx...

dillard09

Eddie just had a thread about using Royal Purple- Ultra Performance Grease on his joints and is having success. It's an option for ya and should check out his thread.

Top Bottom