Adding on board air

OhNoTheJiggies

I got it, not currently installed but worked great... Took out of old jeep and haven't put into the new one. Got the constant duty with the tank

Rottenbelly

I ran the dual 480 c setup in my first jeep.
Plan on running it again in my new one.
Aired up 37s quick and could run air tools in short burst.

JKU Arizona

Got a '11 sport. Going to add on board air. Anyone have experience with the Viair?

I just started to install my system over the weekend. I went with a Viair 444c because a local shop gave me an alright deal and they threw in a 2gal. air tank. I'm planning on using it to run tools and not just air up tires. If all i was going to do was air up tires i would probably have gone with the ARB and mounted it inside the engine bay. If you're going with a double your going to have to figure out where to put them. I was originally going to put everything between the radiator and the engine but i wasn't to sure about having them there and i soon have to replace my crankshaft seal so i really don't want to deal with removing the air system to do that. So i decided to take the saw to the crash bar and weld up a new flat piece out of 3/16 steel plate. just a mounting idea. Not done with the install yet just though i'd share. Still need to paint and fab up a skid plate the hide and protect to compressors a little more. Now i have to figure out where to put the tank.

The ARB or a single compressor without the tank i think would have been an easier install.

Front with crashbar.jpg

Cutting Crashbar.jpg

20160903_135020.jpg

20160903_152056.jpg

20160903_152049.jpg

sunnysideup

I run one of their compressors with a under the hood system. Had it for several years, it has not failed, but the hose did when it touched something hot while airing up tires in 100 degree heat, after a long slow run. Since then I put on a heat resistant hose. No problem. I don't have a tank on mine... it might be in the future, but right now it works great for tires.

drinkmoosehead

I've got the 450c kit. Compressor is mounted to the brake booster In The engine comp, works great for airing up, but sends a fair bit of vibes to the steering wheel and brake pedal. Not really a big deal, make sure you use thread locker tho. if you're going the tank route plan well and order any extra fittings you may need, the kit comes with everything required to set it up exactly as they do in the instructions, but if you deviate at all you'll run out of bits I had a hell of a time finding the odds and ends I needed.
good luck man!

Top Bottom