Cruise control won't turn on

Lexiewalker

Hey all. Having an issue with my cruise control. I have used it just fine in the past with no problems whatsoever, but all of a sudden it won't even turn on. I have a 2011 rubicon with a 4 inch lift and 35inch tires. I did just recently put on new tires but I had the exact same tires before this when it was working fine. The abs has always been a little sensitive around sharper turns but never an issue with the cruise control. i saw someone mention there was a whole thread for this but I can't find it.

WJCO

Meme King
Start with checking fuses. Also, what speed were you attempting to use it? Some vehicle's won't allow it to turn on below 30-35mph, not sure on a JK if that is the case.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your cruise control will not work if your ABS light is on. Did you make sure to have your steering wheel centered perfectly after installing your crazy tall lift for just 35" tires?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Also won't work if it thinks you are on the brakes (check brake light switch) or on a manual if the clutch is depressed (check clutch safety switch)

Lexiewalker

I was trying to set it on the highway. Maybe 65. It won't even turn on in the first place for me to set it. And WOL my abs light is not on. And my lift and tire size setup was already installed when I bought my jeep and I've just kept it the same when I replaced my tires. Yes the steering wheel is centered and aligned.

Lexiewalker

to be clear, the issue is not that it won't set. The issue is that it won't turn on at all in the first place when I push on/off

jeeeep

Hooked
my cruise control quit during mid-trip, about a week later my airbag fault light started coming on - turned out to be clock spring

WJCO

Meme King
It COULD be the switch, but checking fuses to start with is an easy and cheap fix if that's all it is. Hate to see you replace the switch if that isn't the issue. As another recommended, check that your brake and clutch switch are working properly also.

Lexiewalker

Well I drive an automatic. Brake light switch is fine. Have seen issues with the clockspring pop up as I'm researching a little.

Jimmypaget

Thats my issue. Works when it wants to lol. Hasnt worked in about 2 months than tried it this morn and worked flawlessly.

Yeah I don't make many road trips nowadays where I'd use the cruise control. So therefore, it's not a huge issue for me, but good to know a clock spring is the fix!

Eezybreezy08

Welp. It's my clockspring. I've got mopar extended warranty so I'm hoping it's covered [emoji17]

I was gonna suggest the same thing like everyone else on checking fuses first, cause I had the same issue. Mine was the clock spring to and I also had my airbag light on. It's a simple fix, good luck on the warranty

HoosierWolf

I got caught in a heavy downpour with the jeep running naked a couple of weeks ago. Since that my horn, and steering wheel controls will not function.

I checked several fuses but not sure exactly which one I need to look at. Anyone have some suggestions? I think I pulled almost all of them or is this as I suspect my clock spring? If so I'm right at the limit on my warranty so I'd need to get it in pretty fast to try and get it covered.

Top Bottom