T-Case shifter cable

DP1120

I am fairly new in my JK. I bought it used with quite a few miles on it and it has the typical t-case cable issue with the bushing falling apart. Just wondering what most people are doing to fix it. I know the cheap route is to just replace the bushing on it and go but i also see the Advanced Adapters upgrade kit. Didnt know what most people thought about either way?

Thanks for any imput.

Moochie

130,000 miles on mine and so far, never had a problem with the OEM plastic bushings (knock on wood). I do carry spares though, just in case.

DP1120

I bought this one with 110000 on it and it broke them the second time trying to take it back out of 4L. Then it of course was stuck in N so apart came the console lol. The one at the transfer case is fine at the moment but the one on the shifter itself is gone.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I installed the AA kit on a buddy's Jeep (you can see it in the building of meanst thread.) It is very stout.

DP1120

The AA kit will most likely be the way i go just to insure no more issues with it. The bushing replacement just looks good on a price perspective.

Moochie

The AA kit will most likely be the way i go just to insure no more issues with it. The bushing replacement just looks good on a price perspective.

Replace the bushings. Should be good for at least another 100,000 miles.

dannymalkin

I got a new bushing and then drilled a small hole and put a pin through it. Whether that will help if it fails in the future I'm not sure lol

Brute

Hooked
I replaced the cable in the Brute with the AA kit...works great, and I don't think I will have to ever address it again...

DP1120

I got a new bushing and then drilled a small hole and put a pin through it. Whether that will help if it fails in the future I'm not sure lol

I thought about this also. At least if the bushing was worn the pin would keep the cable from sliding off the shifter. Or at least in theory it works lol.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I've just used the factory bushings. I had one break and keep a few spares, really easy fix. I'd rather a plastic bushing break than have something more expensive break down the line.

I'm sure the AA kit works fine, it's just something to consider.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The chances of breaking the AA kit are slim to none. It uses all high quality, metal parts and real bushings.

DP1120

Or there is always just get rid of the entire system and get an atlas 2 but thats just not in the cards at the moment lol.

Top Bottom