EVO Carrier

J

JKDream

Recently I have finished making the modifications necessary to run 37's (5:13s, swapped axles, upgraded shafts etc).
Now that it's time to order up some new tires I have a few questions regarding the EVO carrier.
The EVO carrier rids the Jeep of the stock taillights which is fine, but the replacement taillights do not seem very visible behind the carrier.
Is this something any of you have run into as an issue with police? Here in Canada, my city especially, they like to hand out VI's (vehicle inspection) notices for just about anything.
Also, the rear taillights I'm assuming are a turn signal as well?
On another note, I was planning on doing the 37x13.5x17 Nitto Trail Grapps, I'm assuming the extra width would be of no issue in the carrier?
Still running the stock carrier currently, which has stress cracks in several spots.

uberc4

No issue running 37 TGs here. There are a few different options for tail lights. I have the EVO ones. Turn signal is built in. The only issue that may arise, the resistors are small which could give you the hyper flash.

I have seen set ups multiple times where people use another set of lights either on the bumper or attached to the corners ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473869552.781282.jpg

Also to your point yes the taillight is pretty covered by the carrier.

dillard09

I was behind James (uberc4) a lot this past week and had not trouble seeing his taillights. Just put your license plate in the spare and have a third brake light up there as well. Also some of the taillights don't have built in back up lights so you would have to add those. You can get the Maxxima round lights that have built in back up lights. I have them along with a lot of other on here. Also if you are concerned about cutting and splicing your wires you can look into Poison Spyders tail light harness. Kinda pricey but it has everything for plug and play.

Ddays

Hooked
I was worried about this too until I followed my Jeep with someone else driving it. You can see the lights just fine. But before I did that I went ahead and made up the 3rd brake lights shown below.
I also mounted up twio Eagle Eye LED's on the pinch seam on the corners for backup lights. There's more photos on page 9 of my build thread but this gives you a good idea...

l-2.jpg

l-4.jpg

l-5.jpg

l-8.jpg

J

JKDream

I was worried about this too until I followed my Jeep with someone else driving it. You can see the lights just fine. But before I did that I went ahead and made up the 3rd brake lights shown below.
I also mounted up twio Eagle Eye LED's on the pinch seam on the corners for backup lights. There's more photos on page 9 of my build thread but this gives you a good idea...

That is actually a really clever idea.
I suppose I am ordering the EVO carrier :D
Anyone know of a Canadian vendor for them? They do not ship to Canada.

uberc4

The carrier can take a beating. Just have to be careful when backing up, the trees will jump right behind you.... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

J

JKDream

The carrier can take a beating. Just have to be careful when backing up, the trees will jump right behind you.... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Have you ever heard of anyone bashing the quarter panel in where it gets mounted? I assume the corner armor would protect against this. Friend with a genright backed into a tree at like 1mph, and it punched in the panel a couple inches.

dillard09

Not once but twice! Haha! Well actually it was three times when you dropped off that ledge on Old Sluice and hit the tree and bent the ear on the corner armour.

Top Bottom