suspension lift with coil spacer lift

tasi

I have a jk unlimited with 3 1/2" suspension lift. I wanted to ask the forum what kind of coil spacer kit and how many inches would be ok? also that being said I want to eliminate the front rake, not sagging in the rear but level. eventually will run 37's sitting on 35's now.

Napalm

Are you wanting to find a coil spacer to go on top of your 3.5 inch spring?

Just trying to figure out what your asking.

Napalm

5.5 inches of lift is a lot of lift for any JK. Why are you wanting to go so big?

I would not recommend putting a coil spacer on top of your 3.5 inch spring. Just my opinion. If you want to go bigger, swap out for a larger spring. I wouldn't go more than 4 inches though.

Kalums

^^^^^^what he said, my understanding is, that much space between the upper spring mount/perch would make it unsafe to "flex" because of the way the pressure would be exerted on the two separate pieces would cause them to pop out sideways. When an axle for example flexes pressure isn't 100% straight up and down all the time, don't get me wrong a lift installed correctly with all right tools and techniques minimizes the possibility of your springs flexing like that but adding 2-2+ inches of spacer on top of a 3.5" lift would increase the chance of popping a spring /spacer out WAY more than I would feel safe driving. Just my opinion /0.02... I like Napalm am also curious as to the need for 5.5" of lift.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Terrible idea, not to mention all the other parts you'll need to get the Jeep's geometry back in order. I'm not sure why you'd need more than 3.5", and if you do, don't cheap out cause it will cost more in the end.

tasi

Thanks for all the responses, that's what I was looking for the pros and cons. Ok what about getting rid of the front rake? Would that mess with geometry ?
Thanks again

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for all the responses, that's what I was looking for the pros and cons. Ok what about getting rid of the front rake? Would that mess with geometry ?
Thanks again

Pictures? You shouldn't have a rake if you went with a full kit. Do you have a heavy ass bumper or winch?

Napalm

Thanks again

I agree I'd also like to see pictures to see the rake.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
To get rid of the rack, you should lower the rear, and leave the front as is. Typically, it is recommended to raise the front, but not in this case since you already have 3.5" in the front which should be more than enough.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
to get rid of the rake, you should lower the rear, and leave the front as is. Typically, it is recommended to raise the front, but not in this case since you already have 3.5" in the front which should be more than enough.

ftfy

No one want's to get rid of a big rack! Haha

Top Bottom