JK Auto Trani

TheStick

We have an '07 JK that has sat for about a year now. Went to move it and the transmission won't shift out of park.

Any ideas on an easy fix for this?

Thanks

WJCO

Meme King
The trans won't shift out of park internally or the shifter itself mechanically won't move?

TheStick

The shifter itself won't move. And yes the battery is dead. Is it that simple that it won't move without power?

WJCO

Meme King
I would think even with a dead battery, as long as your foot is on the brake, you should be able to move it out of park. Foot has to be on brake though.

Unless the shift interlock is a solenoid and has to be energized. Throw a jumper on the battery and see what happens.

TheStick

Yeah. The battery will be my first course of action. FYI the key was turned to "on" and foot on the break.

TheStick

I was able to at least able to put the T-Case is N and get the POS moved. Anybody want a good prospect for a crawler build. ;)

RMC2

Caught the Bug
You need battery power for the interlock that releases when you put your foot on the battery. However there is a little small cover near the shifter you pop up and insert the key to release the disconnect. It is for when you have a dead battery. It is standard feature for auto trans with the interlock for the dead battery reason.

Top Bottom