$29.99 Harbor Freight Jigsaw good enough to cut fenders?

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I want to do the fender cut and since I don't have a garage, I need to use either cordless or pneumatic tools. Is this Harbor Freight cordless jigsaw good enough for the cutting of four fenders for $29.99 or should I spend a little more money on a better quality saw? I can't really see anything else I'll need the jigsaw for except for the fender cut unless I'm missing something. Harbor Freight has an air jigsaw and I have a dual ARB compressor but I don't know if it is strong enough to run it and the jigsaw is only $18.99 so not sure what the quality is.

Rb1boxer_3

I used a dremel the cheapest was 39$ plus a cut off wheel for another 12 with the bit. I did it pretty fast and only used 2 wheels. You'll need a cord it helps not having to wait to charge.

deadguy

I used my angle grinder with a cutting disk and a steady hand. Tape a nice line and follow the yellow brick road....

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
bought black an decker in Walmart for like 20 bucks corded , don't use it much but ive had it for a couple yrs now and still find uses for it handy thing to have around even if you think its something you'll never use again ... cause its one of things that you can always come up with a use for once ya got it around

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I bought the cheap 20$ rotozip. Its literally the best thing i ever bought. Use it all the time when remodeling my house and worked awesome to cut my fenders

HoosierWolf

Another vote for the corded black & decker but I've seen a video of a guy using a roto zip and it looked like it worked really easy and fast.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I used my angle grinder with a cutting disk and a steady hand. Tape a nice line and follow the yellow brick road....

This would be my suggestion. If you're going to buy a tool for the job, get one that you'll use more often. I use my angle grinder way more than jigsaw. And the angle grinder makes quick work of the fenders. No garage is no problem, just run an extension cord.

WJCO

Meme King
Neither do i [emoji23] i run an extension cord out my front door to my driveway where i work [emoji23][emoji23]

Lol. Me too, but I was assuming this guy may be in an apartment or condo and parks far away from his living space. He could always buy an inverter for the Jeep too.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
OP is a woman.

:) Most people assume all jeep owners are guys. These are good suggestions. I like the inverter ideal for the Jeep. The corded tools do have more power, parking spot is not near an a power outlet. I will get the cordless and if it lasts for just this one job, that's cool. I am liking the cut fenders I see on the forum. Real nice.

WJCO

Meme King
:) Most people assume all jeep owners are guys. These are good suggestions. I like the inverter ideal for the Jeep. The corded tools do have more power, parking spot is not near an a power outlet. I will get the cordless and if it lasts for just this one job, that's cool. I am liking the cut fenders I see on the forum. Real nice.

Up the road, if you do get an inverter, get a good one and run the right length cable. Really need something that will handle an electrical load.

Top Bottom