door lock FYI

christov11

Hey guys,

Thoguht I would give a heads up to anyone with doors that manually lock (no remote). I'm not sure its specific to those but regardless...

Monday I open the door for the wife and the barell comes out with the key. Kindof freaked out and was like... "well I guess someone tried to steel her!"

Nothing was missing and there were no marks anywhere of someone trying to pry anything open outside or in.

Stop at the dealer and i kindof got a "oh yeah that problem again" kindof look & answer so seems to be a recurring issue. Needless to say that they swapped it out on the warranty and even got me a car from discount for the week they waited for the part to arrive. great service up to now at this place.

Please check yours every so often, I wouldnt want someone to have this happen and get their shit stolen.

if this was already discussed feel free to delete it! :beer:

Frydaddy

Hey guys,
Thoguht I would give a heads up to anyone with doors that manually lock (no remote). I'm not sure its specific to those but regardless...
Monday I open the door for the wife and the barell comes out with the key. Kindof freaked out and was like... "well I guess someone tried to steel her!"
Nothing was missing and there were no marks anywhere of someone trying to pry anything open outside or in.
Stop at the dealer and i kindof got a "oh yeah that problem again" kindof look & answer so seems to be a recurring issue. Needless to say that they swapped it out on the warranty and even got me a car from discount for the week they waited for the part to arrive. great service up to now at this place.
Please check yours every so often, I wouldnt want someone to have this happen and get their shit stolen.
if this was already discussed feel free to delete it! :beer:

The tumblers are held in with these flimsy clips. Do you think it just randomly fell out?
This is still the main reason most jeeps are so easy to break into, aside from soft tops.

random internet pic for reference
yj_door_lock16.jpg

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Wow that's terrible .. Iv had mine for years and have had no problems like that. I sure hope it never happens haha

xxJWPxx

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago my pretty much brand new Jeep. Dealer fixed it but it's already loose again and will need to be fixed yet again. When I brought it in they told me mine was the second 2016 they fixed that week with the same issue.

Pursesnatcher

Just following up with this thread. Had this happen to my '16 Unlimited Sport S, auto window/doors. Trying to get the dealership to take care of it under Chrysler warranty (8500 miles on it) and they're making it difficult

Did you ever get everything figured out?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frydaddy

Just following up with this thread. Had this happen to my '16 Unlimited Sport S, auto window/doors. Trying to get the dealership to take care of it under Chrysler warranty (8500 miles on it) and they're making it difficult

Nothing really to figure out, the retaining clip fell out. If they try to charge you, remember, the clip is cheap, nay universal, and is easy to fix, once you get past the inner door cover.

JeepJeep75

Your door fell apart. Just curious, why/how is Chrysler making it difficult for you?

Zstairlessone

I wonder if this is a '16 problem. I have a 2 door 2010 I bought new with manual locks that gets driven at least 3 times a week and haven't seen this (or heard of up to now). Might be something to do a poll on, could be an issue

Top Bottom