Rear Tires Rub

Jeepin Dad of 2

IMG_2497.jpg

I am new to the Jeep community and looking for suggestions as to why the my back wheels are rubbing the fender wells. It has a 4" lift and only rubs on the front side of the well. Any suggestions on how to correct?

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
View attachment 222768

I am new to the Jeep community and looking for suggestions as to why the my back wheels are rubbing the fender wells. It has a 4" lift and only rubs on the front side of the well. Any suggestions on how to correct?

Welcome to WAL. I'm going to move this to the tech section. Does it rub all the time or just over bumps? You may have to trim, may have to add bump stops, hard to say. Post some pics of the spot that the tires are rubbing.

Jeepin Dad of 2

Welcome to WAL. I'm going to move this to the tech section. Does it rub all the time or just over bumps? You may have to trim, may have to add bump stops, hard to say. Post some pics of the spot that the tires are rubbing.

Thanks! Rubbing going over bumps and sharp turns. I will post some pictures soon.

Robertcrav

I'm going thru this fix right night... with about 3" of lift, 37s and stock control arms...even on my 2015 with the 'trimmed' .... cut some relief cuts and hammered it over

13077003_10210233016652237_5686628025414184792_n.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Weird I must have gotten lucky with my 2015. 37s and 3.5" lift or around there and I dont rub at all. Unless maybe I did trim and cant remember.

Last edited:

trailraider

mine rubs the rock rails, and drives me nuts. one day I'll get to trimming. but a stupid design flaw with the factory rails.

thardy

Banned
May be it's just me, but if those are 37" tires, it really doesn't look like a full 4" lift. The gaps from tire to fender just look off for that combo. But then again, I've probably just lost my mind again.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
May be it's just me, but if those are 37" tires, it really doesn't look like a full 4" lift. The gaps from tire to fender just look off for that combo. But then again, I've probably just lost my mind again.

I think its the 20's that make the 37s look funny, plus add in the full fender :idontknow:

Top Bottom