Running light trouble

JKU EXTREME

Okay, so I'm having trouble with my running lights in the front, but more importantly the rear. I have checked all the fuses, and replaced the ones that needed replacing. The reverse lights work and so do the brake lights, but the daytime running lights do not work at all. I installed some aftermarket backup lights, hard wired to the existing reverse light wires. I have even disconnected them to see if that would help, it didn't. I'm not a huge wiring guy or anything of the sort, so if someone could assist me that would be great.
2013 JKU
Thanks

WJCO

Meme King
Do they work if it's not set on 'auto' mode? So if you manually turn on the headlights and tail lights, do they work then?

WJCO

Meme King
'Auto' mode?
They don't come on at all

I was asking if you can manually turn them on or if there is an 'auto' mode where they turn themselves on only after dark. Either way, it's sounding like an issue with the multi-function switch as you said the fuses are good. If all 4 corners aren't illuminating......

You could use a test light and check for power at each bulb or power before and after fuse and see where the problem lies. It's time consuming though.

rogerk93

It can be the bulb. The rear has dual filament one for the running lights and one for when you press the brakes. One of the filament burnt out. Change the light bulbs.

JKU EXTREME

It can be the bulb. The rear has dual filament one for the running lights and one for when you press the brakes. One of the filament burnt out. Change the light bulbs.

I changed the bulbs a while back but then the both lights went out. I'm going to go by the dealership to see if it's not under warranty

babykud

I changed the bulbs a while back but then the both lights went out. I'm going to go by the dealership to see if it's not under warranty

Do your running lights work when you take out the new lights that you put on? You have to be careful with adding another load onto an existing circuit, especially with LEDs. I had this same problem with I bought a JKS LED license plate bracket. The directions said to tap into the rear tail light and it screwed everything up. Luckily, my dealership was cool and fixed it under warranty.

Top Bottom