35s on stock suspension with no wheel spacers?

Frost

I scored an amazing deal on 35" Nitto Trail Grapps and will be installing them on stock JK wheels.
Will I be ok to run them without spacers for a couple weeks until I can get spacers? I wouldn't be doing any wheeling during that time, and I know i will rub if I turn completely, but mainly trying to find out if they will drive on the road fine.

I have stock suspension, but have flat fenders

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I scored an amazing deal on 35" Nitto Trail Grapps and will be installing them on stock JK wheels.
Will I be ok to run them without spacers for a couple weeks until I can get spacers? I wouldn't be doing any wheeling during that time, and I know i will rub if I turn completely, but mainly trying to find out if they will drive on the road fine.

I have stock suspension, but have flat fenders

Why don't you wait to just install it all at once?

Big Bad Wolf

I hope someone else chimes in because I seem to remember there could be an issue.

Perhaps I'm thinking of when I had an aftermarket lift with stock wheels.

I'm interested in this answer.

FLKEYSJK

When I got my toyos mounted on my rubicon wheels it rubbed so bad it the back that I couldn't even mount them up (I forgot but I think they rubbed on the sway bar), so I just waited until I got my spacers which is unfortunately what you'll probably have to end up doing.

dillard09

Find you some wheel spacers on Amazon and if you have Prime they will be there tomorrow. No worries then.

Frost

So I got the tires mounted today, but didn't have time to get any wheel spacers.
The tires fit on the stock wheels and on the jeep without spacers, but do rub on the sway bar when almost fully turned.
Should be ok until I get the spacers on.
Thanks for everyones input.

Last edited:

Frost

Forgot to mention I have a stubby bumper along with the flat fenders.
I think they would rub on a stock bumper

Top Bottom