Tire Pressure - Fine Tuning Request for Advice

2016 JKR, 2.5" lift, aftermarket front and rear bumpers, full size spare, no winch, running MTZ P3 315 70 17's. Tires have 4,000 KM on them, and I've done one five tire rotation thus far.

Read the sticky on tire pressure vs tire size, and have since aired them down to 29 PSI cold....and they usually ran 31 PSI hot.

I didn't chalk them yet, as I've been able to see the tire wear on the tread it self. I've adjusted from the shop 34 PSI install, and lowered to 29PSI cold, each time I can see the tread wear extend closer to the edge of the tread.

My question is when you look at the attached photo, at 29 PSI cold, I still do not contact the full tread pattern, and I can still see new tread that has not been worn.

Should i stay at this PSI? Should I lower a bit more? Is this 'normal' for this type of tire on a 2 door?

I drive lots of DD on the highway every week.

Thanks

Attachments

• Tire_PSI.jpg
    Tire_PSI.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 104

Coop

Caught the Bug
I ran this exact tire at 28 psi. Felt comfortable and handled well. Didn't pass the chalk test but I didn't like the pressure that passed the test. I eventually moved the tires to my wife's JKU at the same pressure. They are wearing fine.

132JKPNW

i brought mine down from 30 to 25 with metal cloak game changer lift and 35" GY Mtr's w/ kevlar. Rides 100% better now. I'm pretty light too with Vks pre runner front and rear bumpers and winch, full size spare and high lift in the back.

Top Bottom