Before I place this order: Wheel/tire fitment

DeadLegs

Ive been running 285 70 17s on my stock wheels.
I dont like the stockers and I need new tires. I have several wheeling trips planned for this winter.

So here's the plan:

I do intend to lift, but dont want to cheap out on it. So I want to get solid use of my current suspension for the time being.

I plan to add some 33 12.5 15s.
Probably the MT Deegan 38s cause there's a good rebate on them right now.

It is my understanding that to run tires of this width, I need either spacers or rims with more backspace.

I am going to add some black 15" steelies. Thinking of going with these.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/5...px?t_c=11&t_s=209&t_pt=100021&t_pn=PCW52-5873
3.75 backspace.

Going forward, I dont plan to run anything bigger than 35s when I get this lift done, and the 15s will allow me cheaper tires in that size. Also, I plan to chop fenders as well.

Is there anything Im missing before I place the order on this?

Draconianwinter

Stick with the 17 inch wheels at least. You go to a bigger tire size such as the 35 inch and you decide you want a bigger brake system then you will have to go back to a 17 inch wheel anyways. That much sidewall will be nice on rocks but not in anything else. Especially on curves at higher speeds. That's my opinion

DeadLegs

I should note that this isn't really a daily driver. Just a vehicle for trail rides, going to the river and such.
So "curves at high speeds" aren't really something Im worried much about. I highly doubt I'll be upgrading brakes, bur you never know. Im mainly interested in the 15s because tires are so much cheaper across the board.

Draconianwinter

OK gotcha. I understand that point of view all to well. For me though my jeep is also my only vehicle so I get to stick with my 17s lol

Journeyman

Will 15" wheels even fit over the factory jk brakes? I would stick with17's there's lots of tire size options.

Draconianwinter

Im liking that Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel kit.
That's the next expenditure I think.

Yeah I have been looking at that one as well, but still undecided between the 3 inch enforcer and that one. Also been looking at the metal cloak lift as well but needing to find better reviews on it that are not from who just hate the evo because it's so well liked by wayalife peeps lol. So for now it is between the rk and the evo. And really I am leaning more towards evo

DeadLegs

Well, update:

Thanks to all those who offered advice in this thread.

Decided to skip the 33's and go straight to 35's thanks to a killer deal in the Wayalife classifieds.
Thanks again and nice meeting you "Jeep Dad".

A seven hour drive later and I got em mounted up after chopping the fenders. No lift yet. That's coming.

Before:

After:

Top Bottom