Routine maintenance

jgoerlitz

How often do y'all change the fluid/oil in the differential. I've heard mixed opinions from every 12,000 to 75,000 (like transmission fluid) I only take a few trips off-road and its mainly a DD.

blrr0311

i go by the owners manual. unless i am towing my jeep with something everyday or crawling it. other than that, owners manual is the best way to go. can't go wrong with it.

MattMc

You're gonna get a wide range of answers here. I think 10-15k is going to be where most say. 5k if you use cheap stuff.

jgoerlitz

I brushed through the owners manual and I think it said 25,000. But def wouldn't hurt to do it a little early. I truly appreciate your responses. Jeep it your way!

MattMc

I brushed through the owners manual and I think it said 25,000. But def wouldn't hurt to do it a little early. I truly appreciate your responses. Jeep it your way!

I'm just noticing that you're in a Renegade, not a Wrangler. Most of the advice here was in reference to a wrangler, and I'm not sure if it would cross over. In that case I'd stick with the owners manual.

Top Bottom