Add-Ons questions

So my next project will be an SPOD and then a Twin ARB Air Compressor and some lights (back up lights, rock lights, and A-Pillar lights). What SPOD configurations do you guys recommend? I was thinking getting the switch panel with the G Screen (air pressure, not dual battery) in it. If anyone has that setup, please let me know what you recommend. Also can you run air tools with the twin air compressor? And I like the reviews for Rigid Industries but they are very expensive, any alternates that are just as good? (if so what pod light configuration is best flood vs spot vs amber vs etc)

I know that's a lot but thank you guys for any replies/ recommendations!

Big Bad Wolf

I do not own the Spod, so I can't say anything else.

You can run air tools with that but having a tank would be optimum for much work.

I have not seen any lights that match Rigid, unless you pay a lot $.

If it were me I would want a combination of spot and flood. You could get two sets of Rigid dually's for 300$usd.. One spot set, one flood set.

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Painless also has a rocker switch system if the switch pro set up is not for you. So at least you have some options. [emoji106]

So yes sPOD is extremely shitty for lying and trying to boost their product without being a sponsor. But, do people have any problems with the actual product? It just seems really simple and I like the placement/ looks/ options I could get with it, ie the G screen with PSI for the air compressor.

I do not own the Spod, so I can't say anything else.

You can run air tools with that but having a tank would be optimum for much work.

I have not seen any lights that match Rigid, unless you pay a lot $.

If it were me I would want a combination of spot and flood. You could get two sets of Rigid dually's for 300$usd.. One spot set, one flood set.

As in a dual A pillar mount (two on each side)? and the top ones be flood and bottom be spot per-say?

For the lights check out inspired engineering. They have good reviews and decent prices. I'm ordering from them in the next couple of weeks for head lights. I'm not to the auxiliary lighting part of my build but as of now I plan on using them then as well.

JKbrick

For the lights check out inspired engineering. They have good reviews and decent prices. I'm ordering from them in the next couple of weeks for head lights. I'm not to the auxiliary lighting part of my build but as of now I plan on using them then as well.

Just don't expect them to answer your email

SPOOOBY

So yes sPOD is extremely shitty for lying and trying to boost their product without being a sponsor. But, do people have any problems with the actual product? It just seems really simple and I like the placement/ looks/ options I could get with it, ie the G screen with PSI for the air compressor.

Unluss you are installing a tank for the twin conpressor system the air gauge is useless

Okay so now onto the topic of dual batteries, when is the right time to consider getting another battery? If I use an sPOD and have 4-6 pod LEDs, 2 rigid industry back up lights, rock lights, ARB twin compressor, and possibly a winch later on, is it necessary?

JAGS

Hooked
Okay so now onto the topic of dual batteries, when is the right time to consider getting another battery? If I use an sPOD and have 4-6 pod LEDs, 2 rigid industry back up lights, rock lights, ARB twin compressor, and possibly a winch later on, is it necessary?

Dual is good, not mandatory, but you may want to upgrade your mopar battery to help handle the increased occasional load.

Top Bottom