Lift kit options

lesterjanpearson

so I have a few available lift kits to choose from and I am confused what to use. these are 4" kit.

1. Ironman 4x4 lift kit with Foam cell shocks - its the main product my friends shop uses. they say it has a better ride the Nitrogas version of the shocks (Around USD$1,800 / PHP85,000)
2. Bilstein with cannister - a little bit expensive, widely used now because of rich people. (Around USD$2500 / PHP120,000)
3. Old Man Emu - Says softest ride among them and its cheap. but do we really want a soft ride with the 35 tires? (Around USD$1,500 / PHP 70,000)

How I would love to use the Bilstein kit but kinda hurts the pocket.

You guys can add your suggestion.

Big Bad Wolf

I would look at the EVO Enforcer kit or perhaps Clayton, Currie or Synergy. Plenty of options but it depends what you are looking for. Are you going Offroad? What is your budget?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
so I have a few available lift kits to choose from and I am confused what to use. these are 4" kit.

1. Ironman 4x4 lift kit with Foam cell shocks - its the main product my friends shop uses. they say it has a better ride the Nitrogas version of the shocks (Around USD$1,800 / PHP85,000)
2. Bilstein with cannister - a little bit expensive, widely used now because of rich people. (Around USD$2500 / PHP120,000)
3. Old Man Emu - Says softest ride among them and its cheap. but do we really want a soft ride with the 35 tires? (Around USD$1,500 / PHP 70,000)

How I would love to use the Bilstein kit but kinda hurts the pocket.

You guys can add your suggestion.

I really like Old Man Emu. I'd say the ride is comparable to EVO. That's what I'd go for. It's cheaper, and a great product.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I would look at the EVO Enforcer kit or perhaps Clayton, Currie or Synergy. Plenty of options but it depends what you are looking for. Are you going Offroad? What is your budget?

He's in the Philippines, and his choices are limited, due to that.

lesterjanpearson

Basically those are the only options for 4". we have Teraflex 4" but more expensive than Bilstein kit and its order basis from the US. and there is Tough Dog but I think only 2" kit. Dobinson 2" Kit.

I am not sure why this guy on one of the shops keeps saying dont use OME for Large tires. cause its too soft.

I use it going to the office and trailing on rough roads/rivers. No rock crawling. my Sway bar wont be used anytime soon.

my preferred shop keeps telling me to just go with 2" Kit for my 35x12.50 tires and 20x12 -44 rims.

Last edited:

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Out of those options, I might do the OME. I dont like a hard ride.

Make sure you know what parts each comes with. There are lots of threads on what you need for a lift to be complete. You may need to add parts, especially over 3 inches.

Also, you dont need four inches for 35s. 2-3 inches is good. You can trim fenders and go no lift, especially if you are not flexing it.

lesterjanpearson

I want clarify the 4" kits I mentioned are complete ones with long arms and disconnect replacements. the 2inch kits might be just bump stops shocks coils, not sure what standard pieces it has, but I

know its complete for a 2" kit.

Not much flexing to be honest. just alot mud and rough roads for trailing and speed bumps lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom