Rough country lift kits

Adamw1212

Picking up my jku this weekend and know I want to build a weekend warrior running 35s. Was looking at rough country lifts either 2.5" or 3" but wasn't sure about this product or if I'll need long arms kits as well. Looking for advice on if it's a good product or what else is out there

Big Bad Wolf

Picking up my jku this weekend and know I want to build a weekend warrior running 35s. Was looking at rough country lifts either 2.5" or 3" but wasn't sure about this product or if I'll need long arms kits as well. Looking for advice on if it's a good product or what else is out there

I would not bother with a long arm kit at that height.

What is your budget ? It's seriously worth saving up a bit with this.

Have you looked at EVO, Clayton, Currie, Synergy, AEV etc ? Tons of good kits out there.

Adamw1212

Trying to get lift, rims, and tires for under $2500 if possible. This is my first ever jeep project so most of this is new to me even though I have some mechanical experience

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Trying to get lift, rims, and tires for under $2500 if possible. This is my first ever jeep project so most of this is new to me even though I have some mechanical experience

That's a tight budget for what you're trying to achieve but you can run 35's with a levelling kit, cut fenders and wheel spacers for pretty cheap. Add some decent shocks and you'll be amazed what it can do.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Rough country has that name for a reason. I would honestly look at the teraflex 2.5" budget boost. It's really cheap and comes with all you need. Make sure you get the kit with the shock extensions and not the teraflex shocks. This budget boost will keep the factory ride quality while it lifts you up for the 35's you want to run.

Side note: this is the ONLY teraflex product I would ever recommend because it's pretty damn hard to fuck up some polyurethane pucks lol

austin160

I have a RC 2.5 coil with 2.2 RC shocks, paid about 400$ because I was in the same boat as you budget wise. I have run it for about a year with no issues. Rough and soft ride is subjective, I have rode in other Jeeps with different lifts and there isn't much difference to me. I was able to find a set of wheels on Craigslist for 500 and tires for 1200 from 4WP. All this was to get me in the trails, and it works for now. Sometime next year I am swapping in a Dana 44 and bigger lift with coilovers. Jeep lift.jpg 12699142_10205584070540410_1968021252_o.jpg 12289493_10205192924802011_3298388880068992512_n.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Normally I recommend a Rough country budget boost but since you are in Ohio you should avoid everything Rough Country unless you like rust, their powder coating is garbage. Look at Teraflex or some other company that makes the rubber spacers. Any 2.5" BB will fit 35s, just make sure you get a complete kit.

Top Bottom