Is it normal to get a lot of different fluid coming up the air locker line?

jorgelrod

Hooked
I've noticed that when I drive for long periods of time or when I use my locker a lot, a sizeable quantity of diff fluid cones up the air line, is that normal? Could something be done to minimize the amount that comes up, in the beginning I chalked it up to perhaps overfill, but after seeing how much came on Sunday after a dairy bit of use I don't know if it might just be something setup wrong or whatever. The locker is working and locking/unlocking perfectly. I want know cause I don't like leaking contaminants on the trail unnecessarily

Note, I meant differential

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is it safe to assume you have an old style ARB? Sounds like you have a bad o-ring inside the locker. Not that big of a deal but you will get diff fluid pumping out of the air line like that.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea I have fluid coming out of my front air line as well but I don't worry about it cause t still works perfectly.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Yeah, it works perfectly, I guess, I'll just keep an eye out for fluid levels and top it off if necessary...

Is it safe to assume you have an old style ARB? Sounds like you have a bad o-ring inside the locker. Not that big of a deal but you will get diff fluid pumping out of the air line like that.

I have a Yukon Zip locker which Should be like the old style ARB

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yeah, it works perfectly, I guess, I'll just keep an eye out for fluid levels and top it off if necessary...

Well if it's a little amount you could pull the air line off of the housing and just turn the compressor on and blow the excess oil out of the line. I did that today actually.

Rottenbelly

Mine did it so much I added a line bleeder valve thing. (Don't remember the technical term)
Turn on air and push button on end and it blows line out.

Top Bottom