Help me diagnose this steering issue...

White_JKU

Ok....specs: 2015 jk with 2.5" JKU RE springs (netted 4.10" ) lift over stock.
Hydro shocks 24" extended
Proper sway bar links for lift (sway bar level)
Front and rear axle side TB relocation brackets
(Everything is nice and parallel upfront)
The general ride is like driving on clouds....love it

Front lower control arms are being ordered tomorrow (hopefully will fix issue)

Issue....... when driving, as the suspension compresses...the steering wheel moves to the left....when the suspension decompresses, the steering wheel moves to the right.

This movement feels very strange and I never experienced it on my similarly built 2012 JKU.

The movement is more pronounced the faster I travel, obviously because I have more movement in the suspension up/down as I cross over bumps in the road at a higher rate of frequency.

I call this flighty steering caused by not having correct caster which hopefully will be solved when the new arms come in.

My question is.....does the description I gave of flighty steering line up with what is to be expected with incorrect caster?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Did you go to high steer? It sounds like typical bump steer. Although it's typically opposite of what you described. If you put raised track bar bracket on front and didn't go to high steer that's your problem.

Control arms won't do anything for what you are describing. Flighty steering from castor the wheel just kinda floats around and requires constant input as the self centering goes to shit with low castor.

JKbrick

Did you go to high steer? It sounds like typical bump steer. Although it's typically opposite of what you described. If you put raised track bar bracket on front and didn't go to high steer that's your problem.

Control arms won't do anything for what you are describing. Flighty steering from castor the wheel just kinda floats around and requires constant input as the self centering goes to shit with low castor.

I agree, if you raised your track bar and not your drag link and incorrect caster this will feel flighty and bump steer. Pictures always help too

jeeeep

Hooked
lower control arms won't fix it, like all others have said it's likely bumpsteer.

only fix is to flip the drag link.

WJCO

Meme King
Post pics of your setup if you can. Synergy sells just the drag link but you'll still have to drill the knuckle, etc.

Top Bottom