Theres a ghost in my Jeep

BumblebeeZA

Hi guys

I have had this issue for a while now +- 1 year on my 2008 JKU Rubicon (right hand drive as I am in South Africa), and I cant recall if it happened before my clockspring failed or after.
Not every time, but most times, one of 3 things would happen if I open my door, the wipers would move up an inch or, the horn would sound quickly or, the reverse light would light up for a split second (the reverse light mostly occurs if I open the talegate, rarely when opening a door).

On the rare occasion all three things would happen at once, occasionally 2 of the things would happen at once, but mostly, it would only be one or the other of the above mentioned things and it is mostly the wipers.

And lastly, this would sometimes happen by simply pressing the unlock button.
Now could this be clockspring related?

There are no other issues and this doesnt effect any electrics, everything still works as normal, except of course my airbag light and connection to it due to the clockspring.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hi guys

I have had this issue for a while now +- 1 year on my 2008 JKU Rubicon (right hand drive as I am in South Africa), and I cant recall if it happened before my clockspring failed or after.
Not every time, but most times, one of 3 things would happen if I open my door, the wipers would move up an inch or, the horn would sound quickly or, the reverse light would light up for a split second (the reverse light mostly occurs if I open the talegate, rarely when opening a door).

On the rare occasion all three things would happen at once, occasionally 2 of the things would happen at once, but mostly, it would only be one or the other of the above mentioned things and it is mostly the wipers.

And lastly, this would sometimes happen by simply pressing the unlock button.
Now could this be clockspring related?

There are no other issues and this doesnt effect any electrics, everything still works as normal, except of course my airbag light and connection to it due to the clockspring.

I remember seeing that there was a recall on the clock springs for 07-10 jeeps. I would take it to the dealer and see if it has already been taken care of. If not have them replace it under recall warranty. Wouldn't be a bad place to start considering you have the airbag light on

Top Bottom