What would you buy?

PilotJK

I'm looking to buy a pickup to haul my JK. I can't decide between F-250 or a Ram 2500. They seem equal? What do you think?

Webe

If it is diesel I would say Dodge. If it is gas then I would go with the Ford.:twocents:

benatc1

Hooked
agree if going diesel-ford definitely get a 7.3 or else buy stock in injectors. 5.9 Cummins was a good engine too into he dodges. nothing is without issues but some better than others

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
If you buy a Ford, the 6.0L Engine sucks. Try to find an old 7.3L. Pre-mid 2003.

The 6.0s are great after some money which nobody ever wants to spend it on them and you'll never get your money back out of them. Seems like you also have to pull the cab to do almost anything to the motor.

I love the cummins. The 6.7s suck until you delete them. Then you'll get your mileage back and won't have all the problems. I had a 5.9 that I built was around 800 horses and 1500 torque. Pulled like a beast and got around 22 mpg even loaded. The 5.9s are better but getting harder to find still in decent shape. I'm lookin for a 12 valve for a project.

I also love the duramax. I wouldn't buy anything older than an 06 though. We deleted a buddies 2011 and it is awesome now. He's gettin about 22-24 loaded now. He was also having problems with the dpf filter and the regen process. I'd love to do a duramax in my suburban but don't know that I'll ever get it done. Got other things I'm workin on right now.

CarolinaJK

Let's be honest.. both trucks are great. They both have their problems, but you can't go wrong with either.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I would buy the Ford if you are going gas, and the Dodge if you go diesel. The 6.2 in the ford is a great engine, and you can't beat the cummins in the dodge, especially after you delete if you go the diesel route

Exodus 4x4

I have a 2014 Ford 6.7 diesel and it's a beast. Will tow anything with ease and hauls ass. My buddy has a 2015 ram 3500 diesel and he hates it.

kyle521

Im personally looking at a few different options:
2011-2012 cummins- They have better tranny and no def fluid
06- 07 6.0 Powerstroke with some work done, headstuds egr delete.

7.3s ride like crap with leaf springs in the front,
6.4 power stroke is a money pit and way worse than a 6.0
5.9 cummins always have horrible interior.

Not too familiar with duramaxes so Im going to be test driving them before I make a purchase within the next year or so.

As far as gas trucks, chevy wins imo for the best gas v8 and transmission, although I want to drive a 5.0 F150

RockyJk

Whatever you do go with make sure you keep up with maintenance that shit gets expensive real quick on newer diesels. especially the fords where the cab has to be taken off to do any motor work

PilotJK

Whatever you do go with make sure you keep up with maintenance that shit gets expensive real quick on newer diesels. especially the fords where the cab has to be taken off to do any motor work

That's good to know! Well, if I get a diesel it will definitly be a Dodge. I'm going to do some shopping around soon.

Top Bottom