Ball joint dust boot?

Devallee

These came on my ball joints (crown HD). I found this one was ripped on the lower BJ and kinda falling off/squeaking when I made turns so I pulled it out. My question is, are these necessary to be on there? Or should I find a way to put it back on or get a new one? Thanks in advance. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474591937.559367.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474591950.804086.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
These came on my ball joints (crown HD). I found this one was ripped on the lower BJ and kinda falling off/squeaking when I made turns so I pulled it out. My question is, are these necessary to be on there? Or should I find a way to put it back on or get a new one? Thanks in advance. View attachment 223703 View attachment 223704

Yes they are. They keep the grime from getting into the joint and destroying the ball and the brass/copper housing it rides in

Devallee

This could be a stupid question but how do I get a new one in there? Do I have to pull the knuckle off?

Devallee

Also could that be why I'm getting a crazy squeak? Is that what holds the grease in that lubricates the BJ?

Top Bottom