North Coyote Canyon Bailey's Cabin Run

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Before we headed out to our first ever IE Suds-n-Grub at the Big Cheese in Murrietta last night, a few of us decided to go on a quick last minute run up to Bailey's Cabin which is located up the north end of Coyote Canyon. Back in the day, this trail used to go all the way through to Anza Borrego but, has long since been closed to through traffic. And, much like the south side of this trail, the terrain is for the most part very easy but, still very scenic. I know there aren't very many but, here are a few pics from our run.

Meeting up with a handful of WAYALIFE members in Temecula...
main.php

At the trailhead airing down...
main.php

Fun decal on J.R.'s mirror...
main.php

Working our way down into Coyote Canyon...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Down in the canyon and working our way over to Bailey's Cabin...
main.php

And here it is...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

This old water tower has seen better days...
main.php

Shot of us rounded up in the old corral...
main.php

Relaxing out in the desert and enjoying the sights...
main.php

Time to head on out...
main.php

Having some fun on one of the the only boulders on the trail...
main.php

main.php

Without any rocker guards, Adam takes his time picking a good line around the bigger stuff...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Okay, playtime is over, we've got a Suds-n-Grub to catch...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Meeting up with the rest of the gang over at the Big Cheese in Murrietta...
main.php

main.php

Time for a cold one!!
main.php

Cheers!!
main.php

What an awesome end to a great day!! Hope to see you all again soon :cool:

TrailBear

Looks like a good time:)

Don't let fear and common sense hold you back:)
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I saw the post to late, I would have gone. :doh:

Can I do this run with out lockers, or how about can I do this trail stock with out getting stuck? I was thinking of checking it out and taking the family. :idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Can I do this run with out lockers, or how about can I do this trail stock with out getting stuck? I was thinking of checking it out and taking the family. :idontknow:

This trail is essentially a dirt road. No lockers are needed and you can totally do it stock. OverlanderJK is about as stock as stock gets - complete with 28" tires and he had no problems.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This trail is essentially a dirt road. No lockers are needed and you can totally do it stock. OverlanderJK is about as stock as stock gets - complete with 28" tires and he had no problems.

Yup. Can't get much more stock then I am unless you have 3.21 gears. It was an easy trail and not bad at all. (I tend to drive really fast over things I shouldn't so it gets a bit bumpy. :cheesy:)

I got hung up on one rock that I cut in to close on the passenger side but just backed out and went around it.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

You can do the trail in 2wd for the most part

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Yup. Can't get much more stock then I am unless you have 3.21 gears. It was an easy trail and not bad at all. (I tend to drive really fast over things I shouldn't so it gets a bit bumpy. :cheesy:)

I got hung up on one rock that I cut in to close on the passenger side but just backed out and went around it.

I have 3:21's right now but will upgrade soon. Cool, Thank's for your input ! :thumb: I want to do this trail but wasn't sure how hard it was.:idontknow:

Blonda

Wish we could have made this (I was sick :grayno:)...been many, many years since I have been on that trail but it looks so familiar to me. We used to hook up with that trail from behind my parents house back in the day. Here's one pic I have..I'm the baby in my mom's arms (I started young lol).
IMAG0162-1.jpg

Heholua

Wish we could have made this (I was sick :grayno:)...been many, many years since I have been on that trail but it looks so familiar to me. We used to hook up with that trail from behind my parents house back in the day. Here's one pic I have..I'm the baby in my mom's arms (I started young lol).
View attachment 12378

Cool picture!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 12378

Bummer you're sick and couldn't join us. Hope you feel better soon. Great pic BTW.

2000TJDude

I finally get to make an appearance on the Wayalife forum, and its a shot of my back!! Too funny!! Great to meet y'all for the time that I had. An a special thanks to Eddie and Cindy who were as nice and friendly as i expected. Hopefully next time it will be on trail with my Jeep! :beer:

MTG

Caught the Bug
View attachment 12378

That's an awesome picture Brenda!

JAGS

Hooked
.....Here's one pic I have..I'm the baby in my mom's arms (I started young lol).

That is so cool Brenda. I'm a first generation Jeeper, so I hope my kids will look back at pictures were taking now when they are older. Aside from the fun I am having with the Jeep community, spending time together with family and friend is the other main reason I bought my jeep (1st offroad vehicle ever) this past June.

I love being reminded of that and your pic is just such an awesome capture! :yup:

Top Bottom