Draglink Flip

J

JKDream

Welding on my EVO front truss, and I noticed they included a raised track bar bracket. I have been using the stock bracket with a Synergy track bar.
If I use the new bracket, and get a flipped draglink, would the Synergy bar be short enough after change in height? I don't see why it wouldn't work, but figured i'd ask before I hack my bracket off.

WJCO

Meme King
How much lift are you running? And is the bracket provided strictly so that the track bar doesn't hit the new truss?

J

JKDream

How much lift are you running? And is the bracket provided strictly so that the track bar doesn't hit the new truss?

4.5. In reality, probably 3.5-4 with the added weight. The bracket is noted as optional in the instructions, if you already have a flipped draglink it says.

WJCO

Meme King
Are you having any bump steer or handling issues? If not, maybe you don't need it. :idontknow:

J

JKDream

Are you having any bump steer or handling issues? If not, maybe you don't need it. :idontknow:

I was prior to installing adjustable control arms, but I dialed in the caster and haven't had any issues since.
I do get a bit of shimmy at ~60-70mph however.
It has the stock mounting hole drilled, so I suppose I could weld it on anyway seeing as I've mangled the stock brackets pretty good so far.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm not familiar with the truss but it shouldn't need a track bar modification in regards to steering. My guess is that it has to do with clearance with the new truss.

Evil

I'm not familiar with the truss but it shouldn't need a track bar modification in regards to steering. My guess is that it has to do with clearance with the new truss.

From EVO MFG site. Clearance isn't the issue as the TB sits in front of it. Possible they just throw it in just because. I know with a 3.5-4 inch lift there is no way that thing has no wobble or geometry issues. / ___
Last edit on this post. I thought you had a flipped DL. What you can do, is install the new EVO TB bracket, go get a RHD drag link and not get stuck buying the flip kit that comes with another TB bracket and save some money and get your steering right.

EVO-1137-44 installed-800x534.jpg

Last edited:
J

JKDream

From EVO MFG site. Clearance isn't the issue as the TB sits in front of it. Possible they just throw it in just because. I know with a 3.5-4 inch lift there is no way that thing has no wobble or geometry issues. / ___
View attachment 223867

Surprisingly it really doesn't. There's a slight shimmy at high speeds, but this is likely due to my balljoints biting the dust.
I'm thinking the same as you, the bracket is probably just added to the kit.
It is however, a really nice kit. Much less of a puzzle then the Artec system, and not having to weld to the cast is quite nice.

Top Bottom