Battery question

Tincup

Hi. I am sure I just can't find the thread I am needing but I think I am due to replace my factory battery on my 2015 JKUR

I have been running the battery with a warn zero platinum 12-s winch and a cobra 29 LX cb both are hook directly to the battery and today the battery seem to be dead. I went to start and just got the good old clicking sound from the starter.

So I am wondering what others recommendation for a replacement battery is.

J

JKDream

Another suggestion is a North Star NSB-AGM48.
Been quite happy with mine so far.

JeepJeep75

I'd go with an Odyssey. I think 34R-PC1500T is the size.

I just swapped my factory battery out for an Odyssey. The 34R-PC1500T is a perfect fit. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474785493.191099.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474785520.309930.jpg
I dare say you might be able to get a bigger one, but the 1500T is exactly the same size as factory.

jeeeep

Hooked
well, too late to the ball - I have the Odyssey PC1500STM

it has dual posts, makes it east to attach accessories.

not my jeep but same battery:

230766-add3-lg.jpg

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Yeah the factory battery will die quick while using a winch because it does not have enough CCA. I bought a AutoCraft Platinum AGM. It has 850 CCA. I believe it is an H7. It is slightly bigger then the stock size but fits perfectly after taking out a spacer in the bottom of the battery tray. AutoCraft is made by Johnson Controls wish is one of the biggest battery manufactures out there. The make optima batteries, but have recently outsourced Optima. Optima batteries are no longer what they used to be after they moved the plant to Mexico. I can contest to that. Odyssey batteries are really great batteries made by energysys. The older Sears DieHard Platinum batteries use to be rebadged Odyssey batteries, being very popular at a fraction of the cost of a labeled Odyssey battery. DieHard platinum batteries are no longer re badged Odyssey. I think they are made by Delka now, I'm not sure. Honestly, if money is not an issue, get an odyssey. Other than that, any AGM battery with more than 650 CCA will due.

Top Bottom