Iphone IOS10 crashing Connect RHR 730N?

King Kork

Using two different devices on Apples IOS10 (both iPhones, one a 6s and one a 7) is crashing my RHR. The phones pair and calls over bluetooth work fine but when I select the device through bluetooth for music, my RHR freezes until I shut the car off, take out the key, and it resets itself after 5 minutes or so.

I've had this sporadically happen before but it's happening every single time now. Anyone experience the same?

Re-pairing over bluetooth hasn't helped. RHR is on 2.60 and a 2012 JK fwiw.

Kilroy

Have you done a reset of wifi and Bluetooth on your iPhone (reset network settings) under general, reset

And delete all phones on the radio also

JeepJeep75

I have been experiencing this as well. When trying to play music from iPhone 6plus (running ios10) via Bluetooth my RHR in jeep totally locks up. I can't even turn it off. Tonight when I shut the jeep off and opened the door the radio was still on in it's frozen state. Came out later and it finally shut off.

Here's what Happens for me after resetting everything:

Day one: jeep connects to iPhone and can access all of my music from RHR in jeep. I can make several different trips throughout the day and everything is cool with music.

Day two: jeep connects to iPhone but can only play the previous playlist it was last playing from the day before. Jeep cannot access any other music from iPhone.

Day three: jeep connects to iPhone but never plays any music because now the RHR is completely frozen. No volume control, nothing. Can't change sources, can't even turn it off. The front panel opens and closes, but that's it. Nothing else, just..... Silence.

I don't believe this is an Apple problem because this has been happening for the last two years with iOS 8, 9, and now 10. I guess it's a fucking jeep thing.... [emoji13]

JWT

Yeah, my 730 froze 3x last weekend driving around, but I reset it (the reset where you turn key to acc and press the phone and voice buttons together for 30 sec, then you take the key out and open the door for 30 sec), and it hasn't done it again. Don't recall if it was before or after I went to ios 10.

My solution? Get a Kenwood w/ carplay!

jkbarnett

Yeah, my 730 froze 3x last weekend driving around, but I reset it (the reset where you turn key to acc and press the phone and voice buttons together for 30 sec, then you take the key out and open the door for 30 sec), and it hasn't done it again. Don't recall if it was before or after I went to ios 10.

Good info

Casamtb

Yet

:thinking: doesn't happen with a Samsung :thumb:

Hasn't happened yet. Ha. Mine does it now all the time with the iPhone on iOS 10. Though it did do it once in a while on my android moto. It seemed as if it was a rare occurrence initially. You really had to try to lock it up like be navigating using Bluetooth musics and have two calls come in simultaneously to freeze it. Now u look at it funny and it locks up. It especially sucks when ur navigating somewhere since the whole unit locks. Nothing like pulling the car over. Shutting the car off and waiting five minutes to reset the nav. WTF is it 1994? I'm guessing it has something to do with the CarPlay commands. It seems to have increased in frequency since the addition of CarPlay to iOS. What is this reset protocol previously mentioned. I'll have to try that. Question: any one have luck getting Jeep to replace or upgrade the unit? My buddy got them to put in some premium alpine unit but he has a new 2015. Mine is a 13 with the 730.

JWT

Question: any one have luck getting Jeep to replace or upgrade the unit? My buddy got them to put in some premium alpine unit but he has a new 2015. Mine is a 13 with the 730.[/QUOTE]

I am sure this was a dealer accommodation, not from FCA directly. There's simply no legal justification for fca to do that.

mdrums

IMG_0601.PNG
:thinking: doesn't happen with a Samsung :thumb:

LOL....how's the battery? TSA and flight attendants announced on my flight all Samsung phones must be turned off on the flight.

Anyway, I've been wondering what's involved in swapping out the 730 with the Alpine speakers to a better head unit.

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
So I had this problem for a while, found the solution. After you update your iphone, go into your RHR, delete the pairing, and pair the device again. Then all is well. Was driving me insane, because it would freeze the unit, and on a 1 hour drive, it sucked not having music, so finally I had enough and wanted to find a solution. Give it a shot and report back.

jeeeep

Hooked
View attachment 225037

LOL....how's the battery? TSA and flight attendants announced on my flight all Samsung phones must be turned off on the flight.

Anyway, I've been wondering what's involved in swapping out the 730 with the Alpine speakers to a better head unit.

:cheesy: good one! luckily I don't have a note, who needs anything that big! :doh:

Hammmerhead

I had all the symptoms after going to IOS 10 from 9 on a 6S. Did resets and it didn't help. Tired of the crap, I was going to go back to IOS 9 to where everything worked perfect and while in my phone noticed there was an IOS 10.1 update. I tried it and it fixed it all. I actually think it connects and reads the USB faster now than ever. Blu tooth works fine on phone and audio as well.

Top Bottom