Lift kit advice

Adamw1212

Looking to get a lift for my jk. I know I want to start with a 2.5" lift but could use advice on if I should go with a budget boost or the suspension lift. Looking at a teraflex 2.5 basic suspension lift or the teraflex budget boost kit. I would like to get into some off-roading but since I'm new to this and in ohio where it's somewhat flat I know it won't be anything to extreme.

CookieMonsterJK

From reading a lot of posts on this subject and doing my own research + asking other members I'm going to be using an enforcer kit by Evo. From a recent post on here a member used the Evo leveling kit and said it was much better then stock, if your on a budget. The 3" enforcer kit will take care of most of your needs with minimal parts needed. If you have a budget let everyone know and the members here will set you on a good path.

Sullivan

Hard to say what you need. You will get a thousand opinions. But what you need to do is educate yourself of the components of a lift for a jeep and then figure out what your ultimate goal for the jeep will be.
I prefer to go with a lift that has the capability of being upgraded or added to without wasting money and going backwards. That usually means buying a quality lift and it's a bit more money up front. Cheaper is exactly that so be careful.

8POUND

This ^^^^ plus going cheap will always be more expensive later. Definitely educate yourself on what you want vs. what you need.

Adamw1212

It's a 4 door. And I'm trying to do things somewhat on a budget right now but do get what you mean by not going backwards. And I like to stay as close to the factory ride as I can

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Use a spacer lift, or budget boost, as it's also called. That's the cheapest route.

Or an EVO leveling kit, or Rancho 2" Sport System

Last edited:

Heavyhaul07

Drive it the way it is winter is around the corner save a little bit more through the winter and research a bit more.

Top Bottom