LED Headlight Bulbs

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Has anyone tried the LED headlight bulbs? I know they are not the best route but looking for better lighting without the large cost.

RUBEERCON

I have the putco bulbs in stock housings. Pricey at time of purchase 165 a set if I remember right. No issues after 2 years and they put out enough light in low that I don't use the brights unless I'm in a deer area. I heard there are knock offs on the auction site that run around 40 a pair.

Last edited:

RUBEERCON

Forgot to mention that you have to break the locking ring, rotate it and re glue it on the bulb. Doing this puts the light to each side of the housing instead of top and bottom. You reduce the cut off/ shadow line by doing this. Produces more light also.

Frydaddy

Forgot to mention that you have to break the locking ring, rotate it and re glue it on the bulb. Doing this puts the light to each side of the housing instead of top and bottom. You reduce the cut off/ shadow line by doing this. Produces more light also.

The stock headlights don't bother me too much, but with this motivation, I might just have to give it a shot. This set might be cheap enough for me to hack up and not worry.
http://www.xkglow.com/76_Watt_Single_Beam_LED_Headlight_Conversion_Kit_p/xk042002.htm

Edit: 6000K color temperature?! Ehh, I need something less than 5000k

Last edited:

mojave5

So having just done this, I have to say i hate it. They are bright, but do make an uneven spread and it bothers me.

So probably putting my hid bulbs (just top the line sylvania ones)back in until i order something better.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Putting high end bulbs in a bad housing with a crappy reflector is a great way to blind other drivers and cause an accident. I get it, the stock lights suck...just save your pennies and get a real housing/bulb combination.

mojave5

Putting high end bulbs in a bad housing with a crappy reflector is a great way to blind other drivers and cause an accident. I get it, the stock lights suck...just save your pennies and get a real housing/bulb combination.

Couldn't agree with you more. I did the sin of throwing good money after bad. Lesson learned.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
You can get a set of JW Speaker, Evolution J for $475, and Trucklites for about $380. I've had both, on two different Jeeps. It was some of the best money I've spent. Sharkey is right.

Check out inspired engineering. Their Headlights are on sale for $299 right now, discount code of headlight gets you another $50 off. I'm putting them in on Saturday.

Draconianwinter

Or look at infinite off-road. They have theirs for 250.00 and have a 25 year no questions asked warranty or so their website said. I will be going with their lights when time comes to do those upgrades I think.

Top Bottom