Modules not communicating

Stomper Herb 74

I am having an issue with my 2015 JKU Sport. All the indicator lights on the Custer are turned on. I still have power and can still drive. The speedometer didn't work either when the indicator lights were on. See picture. The dealer told me that it's a module not communicating and this issue is not producing a code to tell the technician which module. Has anyone had experience in this before. Please advise

Attachments

• 1475201991499.jpg
    1475201991499.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 69

JJK

First thing I would check is the battery terminals. Make sure they are good and tight. May sound strange, but that can cause some issues.

jeff_in_rc

Have you tapped into any of the vehicles wiring for any reason? If yes remove it and see if the problem goes away.
I have read here that the JK's have a communications buss and everything uses it and tapping into can cause problems like this.

J

JKDream

I am having an issue with my 2015 JKU Sport. All the indicator lights on the Custer are turned on. I still have power and can still drive. The speedometer didn't work either when the indicator lights were on. See picture. The dealer told me that it's a module not communicating and this issue is not producing a code to tell the technician which module. Has anyone had experience in this before. Please advise

You likely have a faulty unit bearing sensor. I had the same issue when I forgot to re-clip mine after swapping axles.

Drdiesel1

I would say your dealer is full of shit and clueless as well. Looks to me like you have an EBCM fault.
Any module that isn't communicating on the bus, will see U codes for other modules.
They Chrysler scan tool has a topographical layout and will show any module that's offline as a grayed
out icon. Too bad the dealer is so useless. Do you have TPMS sensors in the current wheels on the vehicle ?

Stomper Herb 74

I would say your dealer is full of shit and clueless as well. Looks to me like you have an EBCM fault.
Any module that isn't communicating on the bus, will see U codes for other modules.
They Chrysler scan tool has a topographical layout and will show any module that's offline as a grayed
out icon. Too bad the dealer is so useless. Do you have TPMS sensors in the current wheels on the vehicle ?

I do remember that the dash did say TPMS (something) while I was driving. Everything is stock so far. I have only done minor upgrades. Like grill inserts, grab handles, shift knobs, sunshade and soon ceramic tint all around. Nothing electrical or mechanical yet... :brows::brows::brows::brows:

Top Bottom