Sway bar links 2.5????

Jaimegomez8

So I've been looking online and can't find a real answer. I'm going to do a 2.5 lift and I'm gathering all the parts I need. That being said I've got the rear track bar bracket, coils and shocks, now I'm wondering if I need to change out the sway bar links. Do I or do I not need sway bar links, if so do I leave the rear alone and buy some for the front and call it a day? Any help would be great I've been breaking my head for a while.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So I've been looking online and can't find a real answer. I'm going to do a 2.5 lift and I'm gathering all the parts I need. That being said I've got the rear track bar bracket, coils and shocks, now I'm wondering if I need to change out the sway bar links. Do I or do I not need sway bar links, if so do I leave the rear alone and buy some for the front and call it a day? Any help would be great I've been breaking my head for a while.

Most of the 2.5 lifts come with new rear swaybar links. You can then move the stock rears to the front or get a set of quick disconnects like what jks offers

Jaimegomez8

With the sway bar links from the rear coming up to the front what size sway bar links would I need, are they labeled 2.5 or do they go by inches. Sorry with all the questions I'm just trying to get all the info I can with this.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
With the sway bar links from the rear coming up to the front what size sway bar links would I need, are they labeled 2.5 or do they go by inches. Sorry with all the questions I'm just trying to get all the info I can with this.

Most should be labeled for what size lift they fit in the description.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

JKS makes nice sway bar disconnects that are also adjustable. They are also sold for the lift range you will need.

Jaimegomez8

So to be clear I need break line extensions, coils, shocks, rear track bar bracket, and sway bar links? I'm exited to do this lift already I'm waiting on the weekend to start so all the input is helping guys thanks!

stormtroopedjk

I have stock rear links on my 2.5 inch lift with teracrap quick disconnects that I had to mod to get them to work properly.. then I bought pro comp front break line brackets to give me some extra break line up front when disconnected.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So to be clear I need break line extensions, coils, shocks, rear track bar bracket, and sway bar links? I'm exited to do this lift already I'm waiting on the weekend to start so all the input is helping guys thanks!

Actually, all you really need for 2.5" of lift are coil spacers, new longer sway bar links, move the factory rear links to the front, rear brake line extension brackets, bump stop extensions and shock extensions. You can save quite a bit of money by going this route and you won't have to address your front drive shaft.

aermid

Most of the 2.5 lifts come with new rear swaybar links. You can then move the stock rears to the front or get a set of quick disconnects like what jks offers

The 2.5" Rock Krawler Flex kit doesn't come with rear sway bar links just as an FYI. They used to, and I was actually confused when they didn't so I called Krawl Off-Road (where I got it from) when my kit got here, and they said to keep the price lower RK was excluding the rear sway links now. The stock rear sways ended up fitting so I didn't think much of it :idontknow:

Top Bottom