Shocks-well more specific valving.

ADA OZ

Looking to replace my rear shocks.
3.5" RK x-factor I have moved the bottom shock mounts for both front and rear. Moving the rear up three inches I need a shorter bodied shock. Metalcloak 6pak (too expensive, might as well do coilovers) or Bilstein 7100 short body w/ separate reservoir. Bilstein wins but I'm having a hard time finding the right valving. Off the shelf 255/70 or a custom order to account for weight of aftermarket bumper and 35" spare. I can't believe I'm he only one to do this. Figure someone had the magic number. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With all this talk about high end gimmicky shocks, coil overs, reservoirs and valving, is it safe to assume you like to bomb across the desert on a regular basis? Or, are you just wanting a cool name brand shock that'll look cool on your Jeep and really, there's nothing wrong with that.

ADA OZ

Nope. Don't care for brand names or looking cool. Just trying to find a shock that will perform correctly with a collapsed measurement of close to 14" and have at least 10" of travel.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So just get the Bilstein you were looking at. Unless you know something that I don't about "valving", you said it "wins" for what you're needing.

WJCO

Meme King
PM Matt at Rancho on here. He's really helpful and may have what you're looking for. I'm a little confused as to why you're having problems finding what you need.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
PM Matt at Rancho on here. He's really helpful and may have what you're looking for. I'm a little confused as to why you're having problems finding what you need.

Great advice right here ^^^

There really is no shock company out there who will have a greater selection of sizes than Rancho.

ADA OZ

Well that was a waste of my time but thanks for the suggestions. I'll contact a different manufacture. Or the guys at Accutune Offroad.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm still not sure what you're exactly looking for. And don't see why Rancho couldn't help.

Top Bottom