Spot welds

Jimmypaget

Ok my spot welds on my tailgate are starting to pop with the weight of the 37" spare. My options are now to get a new tire carrier/bumper or just a new carrier. I can't decide if I want an EVO style, gen right, poison spyder body mounted type or the carrier/bumper combo type. I personally don't have a huge budget for this decision so a used carrier is also an option. And...go!

Evil

EVO will be the quickest install if you get it already powder coated. 650.00 plus shipping
PSC body mounted cage is a do it yourself that takes a little time but you need to get it coated. Close to a g
EVO Cage and corners, no way! 16 to 1800 plus labor unless you do it yourself.
CC bumpers with the carrier start out around 1200 and come raw.

You can do a shittybuilt one for 600 already coated.

Jimmypaget

Oh yeah you're talking about the new EVO one. I really like the cage one though. 🙄 well we'll see what the wife says... the New EVO one might be the best bet though

Evil

Figure out what you want and call Adams for a quote on install and factor that in too. If you do something simple like the EVO carrier or a bumper/carrier that shits all easy to do and we can help if you have a few hours to kill. If you go the cage and corners, your on your own! I could not find 1 person on here that was willing to help, even for cash. I ended up taking my Jeep to EVO to have them do it.

Jimmypaget

Right? I actually made a call to scorpion motorsports today and they don't do anything with EVO either. I'm guessing I would have to go to EVO and have them do it like you said (for the cage and corners). The new EVO carrier I think may be the best bet. Adams will be most likely be my offroad go to here in town.

Evil

If I had to take my Jeep in around town, it would only go to Adams. Just a heads up, they wanted 1400 just in labor to install the corners and cage. EVO is your best bet for that. If your feeling up to it. I can help you install it, I only have 1 good arm to work with until I get back to the DR to find out wtf I did to my shoulder. I have all the tools needed and know how, just cant lift the shit up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom