Question about a 1 piece axle kit for a amc 20

farrier

Taz and I started in on the harder parts of our cj like doing a rear break job and this has gotten to the yeah omg fun stage, I'll cover what we found and stuff in our build thread lol, anyway what do you guys here recommend for a company to get the 1 piece swap kit from. G2 has got the best price so far for the complete kit but I haven't been able to find out if their shafts are any good

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For years, Mosser had been the name for one piece axles but depending on the kind of warranty that is offered, I might give the G2's a try. Dynatrac would be the way to go if they made anything like this but they'd be far from the most affordable.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I've been running Moser one piece axles in my 1969 AMX Dana 20 that have held up just fine for many years of street/strip use with a 390 4 speed 3.91 gears.

~Woodrow~

farrier

Thanks for the info guys, I'm gonna call dynatrac in the morning but I think it's gonna end up like Eddie said about being outside our budget going that route, the g2 kit is 60 bucks cheaper than moser with the same warranty so I may try them

farrier

Talked to Steve at Dynatrac, they of course don't have a kit so we talked about what company to go with and he aid basically now days it's whoever has the best price since there is only a couple of companies making them anymore, moser and g2, both are finished in the US but you don't know where the blanks are coming from. He also gave me some advice about doing a touch of welding on the tube to the housing and adding a truss since thats the weak spot on the amc 20 running bigger tires

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Taz and I started in on the harder parts of our cj like doing a rear break job and this has gotten to the yeah omg fun stage, I'll cover what we found and stuff in our build thread lol, anyway what do you guys here recommend for a company to get the 1 piece swap kit from. G2 has got the best price so far for the complete kit but I haven't been able to find out if their shafts are any good

My first Jeep was a CJ7 that looked exactly like that. Was not a fan of the AMC 20, broke the first shaft in EJS in 99 and the second one 2 months later. It was a spring over on 33s and 4.10s at that time. If I were to build one again I would still do a spring over but change the rear to a Ford 8.8 from a Ranger/Explorer with 4.10s and a LSD as they can be had for cheap and are stronger than the 20, just my $.02 though. I ended up on Currie 9's front and rear with coil overs though.

farrier

already got a 4 inch spring under lift done and new housings and all are down the road, we've got a d44/9.25 full width set out of a 74 dodge ramcharger already which will end up narrowed and disk braked on all 4, right now the budget is a bit to tight to go that far though :grayno:

RMC2

Caught the Bug
It has been years, but I am pretty sure I put Moser axles in my dana 20 in my 85 CJ7. Way better than the two piece axle shafts. Now dont ask me about trying to weld the two piece axles shafts - just don't do it.

Top Bottom