Questions on a PR44 buildup

jorgelrod

Hooked
So I'm looking at my options, looks like I will finally be able to pull the trigger on a PR44 on Feb and I've been looking at how I attack this build. The introduction of the rear axle bundle from Dynatrac has made me decide to order this package for the Rear and move the rear Zip Locker to the PR44 up front. My first Question would be, I see on most websites that build bundles, they offer offer the Ten Factory front axle shafts or the RCV's which as I've heard plenty of times from Eddie, are a pain to get warranty and the like. While I've been researching, I saw that Dynatrac has some 44 Axle shafts but I haven't seen many people on the forum speak of them. At a close to $400 dollar difference, the dynatrac seem like a better choice since what is an extra $400 on a $6000 project. But I haven't heard a lot about these to feel like I'm doing an informed decision (although Dynatrac's reputation is more than enough in my book...)

Any Thoughts on these?

Also, does it sound like a good option to run a 1310 front DS for the 30 Spline and a 1350 rear since it will be 35 Spline???

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
If I were you, go directly through Dynatrac. That way they can answer all your questions. I went with their front shafts on mine, but they just started building it. They're 4340 chromoly so that's good enough for me. And steel is from USA. I went with a 1310 yoke strictly because that's the drive shaft that I already have.

Ddays

Hooked
If you trust Dynatrac enough to buy the housing why not the internals? These guys stand behind their products like few other companies out there. If I was buying my axle now I wouldn't hesitate in buying their shafts.

I can't speak to their shafts from experience. But when I talked to them about getting a quote for a semi float rear 60 axle, we talked about their shafts. I mentioned I currently had g2 chromoly shafts in my rear 44 and would want something as strong or stronger with the new build. They told me their shafts they use are much better then the g2 chromo (we didn't go into details)...and I believe them without knowing first hand, because they're honest. Not a direct answer, but just for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So I'm looking at my options, looks like I will finally be able to pull the trigger on a PR44 on Feb and I've been looking at how I attack this build. The introduction of the rear axle bundle from Dynatrac has made me decide to order this package for the Rear and move the rear Zip Locker to the PR44 up front. My first Question would be, I see on most websites that build bundles, they offer offer the Ten Factory front axle shafts or the RCV's which as I've heard plenty of times from Eddie, are a pain to get warranty and the like. While I've been researching, I saw that Dynatrac has some 44 Axle shafts but I haven't seen many people on the forum speak of them. At a close to $400 dollar difference, the dynatrac seem like a better choice since what is an extra $400 on a $6000 project. But I haven't heard a lot about these to feel like I'm doing an informed decision (although Dynatrac's reputation is more than enough in my book...)

Any Thoughts on these?

Also, does it sound like a good option to run a 1310 front DS for the 30 Spline and a 1350 rear since it will be 35 Spline???

TEN Factory and pretty much every other axle manufacturer use a 4140 chrome-moly (70,300 psi yield) where Dynatrac and Revolution use a 4340 Chrome-moly (103,000 psi yield) That alone is a 45% increase in just material strength. :yup:

Last edited:

jorgelrod

Hooked
I do trust and I am inclined towards them. I just asked because I do see a ton of post on the PR44 but haven't seen any on the shafts. Matter of Factly, these are closer in price to The RCV and I am more inclined to use these than RCV's

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I do trust and I am inclined towards them. I just asked because I do see a ton of post on the PR44 but haven't seen any on the shafts. Matter of Factly, these are closer in price to The RCV and I am more inclined to use these than RCV's

Dynatrac building their own shafts is a newer item. That's probably why you haven't heard a lot about it.

JAGS

Hooked
TEN Factory and pretty much every other axle manufacturer use a 4140 chrome-moly (70,300 psi yield) where Dynatrac and Revolution use a 4340 Chrome-moly (103,000 psi yield) That alone is a 45% increase in just material strength. :yup:

I talked to the show rep at revolution this weekend. They now have two options. The 4340s made in the USA. Or the 4140 made in China "just like everyone else's."

He noted a price difference, but not sure what it is. I'd go with the stronger revolutions made here in the USA. Or the Dynatrac ones made in the US.

sjd78

Ten Factory front axle shafts are 4340. From their website...

Front Axle Kits
Forged from 4340 Chromoly Alloy steel, TEN Factory front axles and kits are designed by our engineers for specific applications. This allows “tuning” of the diameters to equalize the ductility or “give” of the short and long side axle, extending shaft and u-joint life. The best part is the peace of mind you’ll have knowing you’re backed by our Exclusive TEN-Year Replacement Warranty covering the axle shafts for breakage. Applications include Jeep CJ, YJ, TJ and JK. Ford, GM and Dodge applications are also available. Black oxide coated.

Top Bottom