Airing down and loss of ground clearance

jmpen

Just got the arb under hood install finished, and I'm starting my MC lift in the morning. Random thought , I'm only doing a 2.5 inch lift with 35 ko2s. I'm a noob to the Jeep world but how much ground clearance are you loosing when you air down? I know the all of the benefits of airing down out weight this, but will my aired down 35s on a 2.5 inch lift be much higher than the rubi sits now? I apologize if this is a stupid question, just wondering.

I think it's probably different for every jeep. After you put the lift on measure the distance from the bottom of the diff to the ground then air down load all your gear and stuff in the jeep and re measure and see what the difference is, that's how I found my ground clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Just got the arb under hood install finished, and I'm starting my MC lift in the morning. Random thought , I'm only doing a 2.5 inch lift with 35 ko2s. I'm a noob to the Jeep world but how much ground clearance are you loosing when you air down? I know the all of the benefits of airing down out weight this, but will my aired down 35s on a 2.5 inch lift be much higher than the rubi sits now? I apologize if this is a stupid question, just wondering.

Since you're just getting started with your lift take lots of measurements of the before & after heights on various spots on your Jeep. Then again after you add the wheels. And once more aired down. Then you'll have a good idea of the differences that the lift & airing down make. You'll lose an inch or two but the overall gains with the height of the lift and tires will be in the positive.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Suspension aside, the only place you will lose is axle to ground. As far as if your gonna lose 3" I kinda doubt it. Your additional grip and ride quality paired with the additional flex from the new kit will make you never question it again.[emoji482]

Draconianwinter

I think it's probably different for every jeep. After you put the lift on measure the distance from the bottom of the diff to the ground then air down load all your gear and stuff in the jeep and re measure and see what the difference is, that's how I found my ground clearance.

Actually the lift kit has zero effect on axle hight. The only that effects that is the tires

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

The answer is no. You have two clearances. The suspension which lifts the jeep itself and the tires which lift both the axles and the jeep. So let's say you take two jeeps. One with a 2.5 inch lift the other one stock. The lifted one has 35 inch tires the other has 32 inch tires. Now if those jeeps were identical except for the taller tires and the taller lift and you drop them both to 20psi in the tires then jeep with the lift will still have more clearance at both the body and the axles. Fact is the side wall is still taller from ground to wheel. And you still have a 2.5 inch of extra lift on the jeep itself

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
You two clearances. The suspension which lifts the hero itself and the tires which lift both the axles and the jeep. Now if those jeeps were identical except fire the trailer tuts and the taller lift Ave tiny drop them birth to 20psi in the tires threw jeep wuthering the lift will dull have more clearance at both the body and the axles. Fact is the side wall is still taker from ground to wheel.

Rough night buddy? ;)

WJCO

Meme King
The answer is no. You two clearances. The suspension which lifts the hero itself and the tires which lift both the axles and the jeep. So let's say you take two jeeps. One with a 2.5 inch lift the other one stock. The lifted one has 35 inch tires the other has 32 inch tires. Now if those jeeps were identical except fire the trailer tuts and the taller lift Ave tiny drop them birth to 20psi in the tires threw jeep wuthering the lift will dull have more clearance at both the body and the axles. Fact is the side wall is still taker from ground to wheel. And you still have a 2.5 inch of extra lift on the jeep itself

7317fd4244e45dda9c55e29bddea6dded8bcd0636628aff2aa04377d8eef2697.jpg .........

Petzl88

The answer is no. You two clearances. The suspension which lifts the hero itself and the tires which lift both the axles and the jeep. So let's say you take two jeeps. One with a 2.5 inch lift the other one stock. The lifted one has 35 inch tires the other has 32 inch tires. Now if those jeeps were identical except fire the trailer tuts and the taller lift Ave tiny drop them birth to 20psi in the tires threw jeep wuthering the lift will dull have more clearance at both the body and the axles. Fact is the side wall is still taker from ground to wheel. And you still have a 2.5 inch of extra lift on the jeep itself

Holei chit dat wiz some funds crap Wright there holey cowboys I is laugh my head butt off know.

Top Bottom