Transmission Problem 2008 JK

Harmondna

Anyone have some insight on some error codes I had come up today, I had 4 codes come up, P0734 Gear ratio error in 4th, P1790 Fault immediately after shift, P0733 Gear ratio error in 3rd, and last but not least C2204 Dynamics sensor internal. I do use a super chip for 35's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Anyone have some insight on some error codes I had come up today, I had 4 codes come up, P0734 Gear ratio error in 4th, P1790 Fault immediately after shift, P0733 Gear ratio error in 3rd, and last but not least C2204 Dynamics sensor internal. I do use a super chip for 35's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

what changes did you make the tuner?

BumblebeeZA

Have you tried resetting your ECU to stock, clearing the codes and testing it?
If that fixes it, re tune the tires and see if the problem reoccurs.

jeeeep

Hooked
Have you tried resetting your ECU to stock, clearing the codes and testing it?
If that fixes it, re tune the tires and see if the problem reoccurs.

x2 on this ^^ the tune may not have taken hold, I've had that issue before. had to install original tune, started it up a couple of times and then reinstall the tune.

Also make sure you are using a proper tire measurement - measure from the ground to mid hub then double it, that's the number you want to enter for your tire height.

jeeeep

Hooked
I was hoping it would work but no change, I put it back to stock and still the same issues, it feels like it's in 2nd gear and staying there.

try to reset the ECU - these instructions are from quadratec:

1. Disconnect the battery by removing the positive battery cable. Remember, the positive battery cable.

2. Ground the positive cable to the negative cable for 30 seconds to erase the electric charge in the capacitors.

3. Reconnect the positive cable to the battery.

4. Turn the key to on but do not start.

5. Turn the headlights on.

6. Turn the headlights off.

7. Turn the key off.

The ECU has now been reset to its factory settings. For the next 50 warm-up periods the ECU will re-learn the engine and driving habits for your driving conditions and the newly installed parts.

silverbullet88

Just curious but how many miles on the trani?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Harmondna

Took it to a local tranny guy in town, looks like the 3rd gear clutch top snapped off, doing a rebuild, will update when i get it back should be later this week. Funny side note his shop was littered with Jeeps and Dodge trucks all with similar issues....

Top Bottom