Door swap - Help...!

Dubaibentzen

Hi.
I have swapped the front doors from my 2013 (4 door) to my 2014 (door), but the plugs dont match.
How can I make this work?

Also how easy is it to change the trim from brown to black on the inside of the door?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
IMG_8886.jpg IMG_8882.jpg IMG_8884.jpg IMG_8883.jpg

Dubaibentzen

Did one have power windows and the other not? If so that's your issue. Not sure how to help you with that tho. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

They both look identical except one is from a 4 door and the other is a 2 door.
Both have power windows and mirrors. I really thought Jeep parts where more interchangeable...:hmm:

Maybe I just cant do the swap.

mojave5

They both look identical except one is from a 4 door and the other is a 2 door.
Both have power windows and mirrors. I really thought Jeep parts where more interchangeable...:hmm:

Maybe I just cant do the swap.

Does the 2014 have heated mirrors? The 2012-2013 models that had them were recalled and they used a different version in 2014-up. This could possibly be why, but not 100%

SilverBack

So the plugs are changed for various reasons from year to year. I.e. Power mirrors, power locks, power windows and heated mirrors. You can get the correct plugs and pin tools as well as schematics for each door. Swap the plugs, ring them out and press on. Will be a PITA to find the schematics put the pin tools should be rather easy but some are expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom