Do these ball joints look shot?.

Rottenbelly

Been having a small wobble/ shimmy between 42-47 mph. Everything is pretty new on the front. Had the tire balance checked . Soo I did the ball joints check. I don't think the upper is suppose to move this much sideways.
Click for Video.....

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Way too much movement. But first make sure the nut is tight, almost looks like the whole stud is moving in the knuckle. If nut is tight, your joint is shot.

Last edited:

Rottenbelly

Well, I checked the nuts....they were tight.
Dynatrac prosteers ordered. Thanks to Trail jeeps and Wes for the hook up on them.

Last edited:

Rottenbelly

Are they messing up your tires as in tread? Do you need any special tools for the prosteers?

I havent noticed any different tread wear. But I rotate my tires every month anyways. I actually just did the math. I have only put 7k on this jeep since I got it, so probably only 3-4k with 35s. When I put these rubi axles on I questioned the ball joints. They had a very minimal bit of play in them. Didn't start to develop the wobble till recently.
As far as special tools for the prosteers, I didn't see anything showing the need for special tools.
I hope not !

Top Bottom