Help with transmission issue !!

I have 2012 JK with a automatic transmission, twice in the last month when coming to a stop the engine has died, I put it in park and it starts right up, but I have had to take it from park to drive 4 or 5 times before it engages. I took it to my local 4 wheel drive shop they hooked it to their computer every thing is normal, they test drove it and could find nothing wrong. Have any of you guys had similar issues or do you have any ideas what my issue might be? Any help will very much appreciated.

Drdiesel1

It has happened twice in the last month, first time with 1200 miles or so on trans fluid change and second time with about 1500 miles.

Sounds like the filter might have slipped out of the pickup port ??? Maybe they used the wrong fluid ???
Where did you have the trans serviced at ? Some aftermarket filter have a crappy seal or poor fit to the pickup port.

Sounds like the filter might have slipped out of the pickup port ??? Maybe they used the wrong fluid ???
Where did you have the trans serviced at ? Some aftermarket filter have a crappy seal or poor fit to the pickup port.

Ok thanks, I will check that out

Top Bottom