question on tire size for Trailhawk with the Daystar lift

shaggy151

I've read a few posts on the different setups that people are doing with the Daystar lift on the Trailhawk when using 16" wheels. My question is this: Does anyone know if a 235-65-17 tire will fit using the stock wheels with the Daystar 1.5" lift? Will the 1.5" spaces be needed? Info on the Trailhawk Renegade is very limited so I welcome all input.
The specs on my factory 215-65-17 are 28" diameter and 8.5" width and the specs on the 235-65-17 are 29" diameter and 9.3" width. Id prefer to try this setup if it will fit.

Thanks
Shaggy

WJCO

Meme King
I've read a few posts on the different setups that people are doing with the Daystar lift on the Trailhawk when using 16" wheels. My question is this: Does anyone know if a 235-65-17 tire will fit using the stock wheels with the Daystar 1.5" lift? Will the 1.5" spaces be needed? Info on the Trailhawk Renegade is very limited so I welcome all input.
The specs on my factory 215-65-17 are 28" diameter and 8.5" width and the specs on the 235-65-17 are 29" diameter and 9.3" width. Id prefer to try this setup if it will fit.

Thanks
Shaggy

Did you see Eddie's thread with lift and tires, etc?

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...amp-225-75R16-Cooper-Discoverer-STT-Pros-PICS

shaggy151

Yes I read it and I even watched his youtube video. And while I acknowledge it was a good review and write up. It did not answer my question. I'm interested in keeping my factory OEM wheels and putting 235-65-17 tires on. But thanks for your response.

Shaggy

***UPDATE***
I called Daystar and asked them what size tires and wheels they are running on the Daystar Renegade Trailhawk Promotional vehicle and they stated they are running 235-65-17 on after market 17" wheels but said the wheels are either the same or very close to the factory specs.

Last edited:

shaggy151

After reading posts on this forum and on toasterjeep, I've got a few questions. Id prefer to run a 235 65 17 on my factory trailhawk wheels. I just now realized that when I called Daystar and asked them what size tires they were running on their promotion vehicle that the Daystar Renegade is not a Trailhawk. Will I be able to run those same 235 65 17 tires on my factory wheels on my Trailhawk?

Top Bottom