Brakes, vacuum pump, evap etc.

Hammmerhead

Got a small evap leak code the other day, cleared it and it didn't come back. I also have been hearing my vacuum pump kicking on in the morning sometimes when I don't drive the Jeep for a few days. Then todayI got the gas cap warning on the display. Seems like a lot of crap that hit at once, anyone have any these issues?

On another note, my brakes seem to work fine when running down the road, but the other day I backed out of a space and took off only to immediately have to hit the brakes from someone pulling out in front of me and it was like the brakes wouldn't stop it, just a hard pedal. I have sort of noticed this before, but you usually never hit the gas and immediately hit the brakes so I didn't give it much worry until the last mishap.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I just got done dealing with the first one. I had very similar symptoms. The evap port on top of the gas tank cracked & broke. Had to rig it back together. If yours hasn't broke yet you might be able to coat it in flex seal (great idea courtesy of WJCO) and get rid of the leak & reinforce it.

Sent from my duck blind.

Hammmerhead

You nailed it Scooby. My tab is broke and it looks like it has been repaired once already as I can see clear epoxy has been put on it once already. It has come unattached though and has a red tube that I can see inside. I guess I will dig around the web and see of other fixes before I add another round of epoxy.

thanks for the heads up

Top Bottom