Bass Pro & Cabelas

Kalums

I just read that Bass Pro is buying out Cabelas for 4.4 billion! Does anyone know if this is actually going to happen or is it just a rumor?

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kalums

Ditto I dislike the bass pro shop here in Mesa is kinda "eh" whereas the Cabelas has always been top service for me. Just my experience

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Man, I was born and raised in Nebraska AND even had a Cabela's a few blocks from my work there. I still have not been in one or a BPS. Good thing I would probably be broke.

Journeyman

Don't they each have their own niche market.
Cabela's is hunting based and bass pro is fishing based. Obviously either of them has everything you would every need in any hunting/fishing needs. But I wouldn't think they would turn all the Cabela's into bass pro's. I would think it was just their chance for total market domination.

WJCO

Meme King
We used to go to BPS a lot. We now go to Cabelas because the new one is closer. I feel Cabelas has a much better selection of gun accessories, but BPS has a better outdoor clothing section. The kids love either because of all the decorative animals and fish aquariums.

benatc1

Hooked
i also prefer Cabela's, though ill admit i haven't spent a lot of time around a bass pro- but have been to a few. nice to have one right down the road as well- hope it doesn't change.

Ddays

Hooked
If the BPS/Cabelas bought Costco and sold Jeep parts I'd just move into a cardboard box in the back of one of the stores.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
personally I like bass pro (i call it pro bass to confuse the hell out of people and then they aren't sure which way it actually is :cheesy:) but anyways Cabelas its too overwhelming for me. its practically the same store but have 100 of the same jacket compared to BPS having 50. BUTTTT when it comes to their own brands obviously id take Cabelas hunting brand over BPS and vise versa for fishing... They both have areas they have a main focus on... But with the sudden boom for field and stream stores popping up its perfect size and has everything i need! So i love all 3 just depends what im looking for :thumb:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I've got the flagship Bass Pro in my backyard, so I'm fine with the move :thumb:

Full disclosure though, I've never been inside a Cabelas...

RUBEERCON

We have Bass Pro and a Gander Mountain in Tulsa, I like both and the Cabelas that I have visited out of state. I hope they don't change a thing other than ownership, I like what each stores brand offers over the others.

If I remember correctly Bass Pro and Cabelas are a few miles apart in the StLouis area.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
This thread sparked my curiosity, so I looked up the nearest Cabelas... over 100 miles away in AR.

JKbrick

There is a Gander Mountain in Ft Wayne, I think their prices are high most of the time. There is a Cabelas in Michigan I can get to in a little over an hour, it seems gigantic to what is local, but I can't buy guns there out of state I don't think

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

12-mile

Bass Pro & Cabelas

Right, you would have to have the gun shipped or transferred to another dealer with a federal firearms license, i think.
We also have a Gander Mountain in
Indy and a newer, albeit much smaller Cabelas now in the Noblesville area. I like them both

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

There is a Gander Mountain in Ft Wayne, I think their prices are high most of the time. There is a Cabelas in Michigan I can get to in a little over an hour, it seems gigantic to what is local, but I can't buy guns there out of state I don't think

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Depends on the gun you wish to buy. As far as I know you can buy any rifle regardless of the state you live in. I lived in Denver, CO, Jackson, MI, and Mars, PA. I had a Genesee class a cdl the entire time. I could buy rifles but not handguns.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom