Evo Plush Ride Springs too tall -- Other options with similar ride?

jckid

I have a 2-dr. Rubicon with a Warn M8000 synthetic winch and LoD Armorlite stubby bumper on the front. I installed EVO Plush Ride 2" coils and ended up with 3.5" of lift. I was hoping for about 2.5". I thought the springs might settle a little, but so far they have not. Are there any other springs out there that would ride similar to the Plush Rides, but not lift it as much? I was looking at the OME 2" 2-dr. light load springs and wondering if they might fit the bill. Any thoughts or experience with those? Other options? I previously tried Rock Krawler springs, and found them too firm. If all else fails I will just go back to my heavier 4-dr. springs with a coil spacer that I was running before.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Nice set up. That's the exact winch I am eyeing :)

I just put those coils in and got about 3" (1/4 pounder must be a bit heavier than yours). The plush rides seem to be a really good ride so far. May I ask why you don't want the extra inch up front? Staying short you may as well stick to stock coils and spacers.

jckid

Nice set up. That's the exact winch I am eyeing :)

I just put those coils in and got about 3" (1/4 pounder must be a bit heavier than yours). The plush rides seem to be a really good ride so far. May I ask why you don't want the extra inch up front? Staying short you may as well stick to stock coils and spacers.

I like my Jeep best when it has 1/2" more lift in the front than the rear. I've ran that setup since almost new. My Jeep didn't come from the factory with the big rake like some do. With my current setup, it has 1.5" more lift in the front, which makes it nose high. The Jeep handles better when it's more level. Also, I have a matching off-road trailer, and if I hook it up to my Jeep now, I will be even more nose high. I don't want to change the rear. I have 2" in the rear, and it's perfect. So that means I will need to change the front. Just trying to figure out the best solution. From what I've read, it seems like the OME light duty 2-dr springs might give the right height, but I don't know how the spring rate compares.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I can't help you much with the spring rates, but I'd put 1" spacers in the rear and drop your hitch an inch.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I don't think you will be unhappy with OME springs. They will run close to EVO in ride quality, in my opinion. I had EVO 2" in front, and OME 2" in the rear of my 2 door.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom