Bump stops

Dopey84

So I just upgraded to 35s and am curious what size bump stops y'all are running.. my set up is evo leveling kit, chopped fenders. And 35x12.50 18LT... tires are used mileage unknown and measure from ground to top shoulder edge to 33 1/2.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Evil

Only you can determine the size you need by cycling your suspension to full bump.

USMC Wrangler

So I just upgraded to 35s and am curious what size bump stops y'all are running.. my set up is evo leveling kit, chopped fenders. And 35x12.50 18LT... tires are used mileage unknown and measure from ground to top shoulder edge to 33 1/2.

True, cycle your suspension. But...

I'm on the same suspension/tire size (except mine are 17's), and am using one hockey puck on each corner. So far, zero rubbing.

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Dopey84

I was contemplating using picks just wasn't sure if it would be enough as I don't want to fully compress my springs.. but I will cycle to full bump and measure from there

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Typically, you need as much bump stop extension as you have lift. Being that you just have a leveling kit, you can probably get by with just running the factory bumps.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Only you can determine the size you need by cycling your suspension to full bump.

Not exactly. As I have mentioned, you typically need as much bump stop extension as you have lift. The primary point of them is to help prevent the over compression of your coils and them limiting things like rubbing is just a perk.

Dopey84

So I went out and fully cycled and compressed my suspension and there was no need for bump stops the stock ones are sufficient enough.. thank you everyone for your help and input

Top Bottom