2 grommets, unable to id

chickendumpling

Hello,

I have a 2014 JKU with the automatic transmission. Just a little behind the oil pan are what appear to be two rubber black grommets a couple of inches apart. I've searched and can not identify the part to order - let alone the proper name. At one time, I found a picture that someone labeled the undercarriage parts and circled them as crankcase vents. Next, I tried to find a parts diagram and just no luck there either. Does anyone know the proper name of those two black plugs for ordering purposes?

My google search kungfu must be weak.

Enjoying my new to me Jeep, although stock ... lots of complements.

Cheers,

Norm

WJCO

Meme King
Hello,

I have a 2014 JKU with the automatic transmission. Just a little behind the oil pan are what appear to be two rubber black grommets a couple of inches apart. I've searched and can not identify the part to order - let alone the proper name. At one time, I found a picture that someone labeled the undercarriage parts and circled them as crankcase vents. Next, I tried to find a parts diagram and just no luck there either. Does anyone know the proper name of those two black plugs for ordering purposes?

My google search kungfu must be weak.

Enjoying my new to me Jeep, although stock ... lots of complements.

Cheers,

Norm

Welcome to WAL. Are you talking about the inspection plugs in the bellhousing? If so, why would you need to replace those? If they're leaking, New ones won't do shit.

20140525_161609.jpg

Last edited:

chickendumpling

Thanks WJCO, yes, those are the plugs.

Yes, one of them is messed up ... deformed and appears it had leaked some at one time - noticed some slight staining. I was busy trying out fluid film in an attempt to combat winter road salt ... corrosive as heck. I'd like to order and replace the part if I can do it.

Appreciate the welcome/response and hopefully I can turn up a part number on that.

Watched a lot of youtube videos on these Jeeps ... WAL.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks WJCO, yes, those are the plugs.

Yes, one of them is messed up ... deformed and appears it had leaked some at one time - noticed some slight staining. I was busy trying out fluid film in an attempt to combat winter road salt ... corrosive as heck. I'd like to order and replace the part if I can do it.

Appreciate the welcome/response and hopefully I can turn up a part number on that.

Watched a lot of youtube videos on these Jeeps ... WAL.

thefuck.jpg

They merely allow you to see inside the bellhousing. If they're leaking, it's because a different seal is leaking. Brown is oil, red is Bruce Jenner fluid. Good luck.

chickendumpling

:yawn37: Follow-up:

4593887-AB
4593887AB
Plug Access Hole

Part is used on a couple of different models - interestingly can vary in price pending the model from the same dealer :idontknow: The replacement is of thicker rubber compared to the distorted original.

Yes, there must be slight leak and leaving as-is. Will keep those fluid levels checked.

Top Bottom