Evo bolt on coilover kit and Ori struts

jgarz05

I know this is probably a stupid question but would I be able to swap out my kings from my evo coilover kit with ori struts?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure why you'd want to do that being that the Kings EVO use are dialed in for a JK but so long as all the mounting points and overall dimensions are the same, I don't see why you couldn't use any coil over or strut.

jgarz05

Not sure why you'd want to do that being that the Kings EVO use are dialed in for a JK but so long as all the mounting points and overall dimensions are the same, I don't see why you couldn't use any coil over or strut.

Just thinking lol but the kings finishing doesn't hold up well here in NY. I installed mine in January and it looks like they've been on the jeep for years I've tried everything to keep these things clean

thardy

Banned
Just thinking lol but the kings finishing doesn't hold up well here in NY. I installed mine in January and it looks like they've been on the jeep for years I've tried everything to keep these things clean

There are quite a few threads out there of what folks in the NE are doing with the Kings to keep them clean and protected. While I do like the ORIs, if the only reason for getting rid of the Kings is due to cleaning, my suggestion would be to spend a little more time taking care of the Kings. Plus, who's to say the ORIs would hold up any better?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Grubbicon

Im pretty certain that the mounting width of the ORIs are bigger then kings are. If you wanted struts Id personally start completely over then trying to make it work with the EVO brackets.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL! That's because you live in NJ. If I lived in the rust belt, there's no way I would be running coil overs, struts or anything that I'd never really see the benefit of anyway and just for that.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
LOL! That's because you live in NJ. If I lived in the rust belt, there's no way I would be running coil overs, struts or anything that I'd never really see the benefit of anyway and just for that.

Yup, as much as I love my coilovers it was a waste of money for what I wheel out here and with all the rust it's hard to keep up with cleaning them sometimes.

CJW

I think the only thing you could do to keep them looking good would be to start from scratch and use something like shark hide on the aluminum. Or maybe clear powder coat the parts (except the threaded portion?). Otherwise, raw aluminum is a pain to keep pretty.

Ddays

Hooked
X2 on the Sharkhide. There's really not a reason it wouldn't work on the coilover bodies. This stuff works on all metals, not just aluminum.

Top Bottom