07 finally caught the airbag bug

TRLJNKY

Ok my cruise has been intermittent for a while now and the recall letters came in just havnt taken action yet. I will go to the dealership this week and see what gives but now to get to my point of this...

Is there an easy way to disable that freaking annoying ass chime that goes off every 30 secs? Gonna be a long weekend lol

JK Pleepleus

suffer

Turn up the radio... seriously, I wish there was but I was unable to find a way to silence it. Couldn't get to the dealer fast enough!!

TRLJNKY

Turn up the radio... seriously, I wish there was but I was unable to find a way to silence it. Couldn't get to the dealer fast enough!!
I was afraid that was going to be the response lol. I was really hoping to hear yeah unplug the chime thats right behind the panel in the dash or something like that. I had no idea it was a repetetive chime. I was hoping it was one hit wonder every time you start the vehicle. Thx for the reply though.

Fires JK

Mines been chiming for about 2 years now and I only look every once in awhile to make sure it's not something else. Will be happy when they have a fix.

Bigjimbo

Those that have fixed the clock spring, did you go with the Mopar, Dorman or Crown part? Mopar looks to be $170 while the others are $50-$100. Curious if there's a difference.

I was reading one recall which claims to have added a shroud to help keep the dust out, but I'm not seeing that.

Fires JK

Those that have fixed the clock spring, did you go with the Mopar, Dorman or Crown part? Mopar looks to be $170 while the others are $50-$100. Curious if there's a difference.

I was reading one recall which claims to have added a shroud to help keep the dust out, but I'm not seeing that.

They don't have the shroud yet so thats why I haven't taken mine in yet. They don't have the parts to fix the recall, don't want to take it in twice.

TRLJNKY

They don't have the shroud yet so thats why I haven't taken mine in yet. They don't have the parts to fix the recall, don't want to take it in twice.
Well crap. Because my lights on the dealership will get me in in 2 weeks. My wifes 07 is now on a wait list. Ill deL with the chiming for now and just blast some old Metallica or something lol. Also finally getting that embarrasing fuel burb at the pump addressed hopefully.

sent from some burner phone found in a dumpster

love2wheel

Like I said, pull the air bag fuse under the hood. It will only chime once after the vehicle is started. Just put it back in before you take it in. The fuel burp was pretty annoying too. They hated me that day. Lots of dirt in the skid plate.

Sent from my LGL31L using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom