Back to Dealer - More Electrical/onic Issues

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Before I bought the Wrangler, I'd had a few folks warn me about Jeep brand having electrical issues. I've had my own issues already but I've not regretted it one bit.

That said, within 3 months, it had to go back because the OEM GPS system failed. Getting it serviced was a dealer-inspired debacle that's its own story.

Today, we're back. Passenger electric seat isn't working properly. Auto climate control is not working properly either. My 4th vehicle with auto climate control I know what to expect...despite dealer excuses before its even been written up.

Makes fact the diff is leaking too, anticlimactic:)

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Some persons have bad luck it seems.

Neverless shit happends regardless of brand. To me it seems that so called premium europeen cars like mercedes, bmw and audi have a lot of problems. Mercedes and bmw for example are more or less always full of rust. At least here in sweden.

My jk have not had one single fault or problem. It now has 46 000 miles and is soon 5 years old. No rust, no electric problem or any kind of mechanical problem.

My toyota I had before had a leaking rearaxle diff, problem with the door locks.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Don't feel I have bad luck, per se. Rest of the vehicle has been solid. It'd be nice not having jiggly issues though.

On flip side the Charger I've got as stand in is nice. Feels downright huge compared to JK. I c why it's such a popular car.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

silverbullet88

I had a 2014 4runner trail edition that had a mysterious electrical bug. Was in the shop for something around 40 days. They replaced countless parts. It's on a forum somewhere out there. Could happen to brand!

I know how you feel though

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Good news, the Jeep was only in the dealer for the day; back that night. Updated the engine module. Repaired the leaking diff cover w/o comment; had anticipated 'something.'

Of course, they feel compelled to put 12 PSI back into the tires. After bouncing down the road a bit, realized it, stopped and bled them back down.

The bad. XM radio doesn't work now. Tried the refresh myself. Yet another trip back to the dealer.

What do you bet I get the, "if you can't give us a 10/10 review..." :)

Why is it, trips to the shop, especially a dealer, almost always seem to need a second trip to get stuff done right. And to undo stuff you didn't ask them to do?

Top Bottom